I am sooo sorry I didn't write last week! But I promise it wasn't my fault. :) What happened was when they called for transfers on Saturday night they told me I was going to train! And that I had to travel to Tijuana on Sunday afternoon with Hermana Ramirez and another hermana who was going home as well. It was a fun trip. Then on Monday we had transfer meeting and a little bit of training and another 4 hour bus ride back to San Luis. So I didn't have time to write. :( Lo siento!
My new companion is Hermana Camacho. She is from Cozumel, and I'll think we'll have to go visit her after our missions. :) That place sounds beautiful. She is wonderful. I was a little nervous about training, because sometimes I feel like I still don't know what I'm doing as a missionary...haha but it is lots of fun. It really helps that Hermana Camacho is very sweet and excited about working hard- and that she can handle the extremely high temperatures of San Luis. She is also excited about learning and always wanting to improve. She is an excellent missionary. I know we are going to see many miracles in our time together.
It's been a very busy time these past 2 weeks with the last week of Hermana Ramirez's mission and the first week of Hermana Camacho's mission. It's been cool. Every day I learn more and see miracles.
One investigator we have right now is F. He went to FSY (EFY) two weeks ago and had a great time. He made lots of friends and felt the Spirit. When we saw him last Saturday he was telling us how it went and said, "And I'm going to baptized in 4 weeks." Sounds great! We are excited for him. He is making incredible changes in his life and wants to make more. He knows the Church is true and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. But the last few days with haven't been able to find him, and he didn't make it to church yesterday. :( But we're not giving up and we'll find him this week and help him keep progressing towards his baptism. :)
I love being a missionary! I love those tender mercies of the Lord when we can see the "fruits" of our labors. On Monday when I was in Tijuana, I saw the sisters who are currently in Playas. You guys remember S? Our super awesome investigator in Playas, well she got baptized this week. :) They told me that she was going to be married and baptized on Friday. I am so so so happy for her. And in a year I have plans to attend their sealing in the temple. :)
I love you all! Thanks so much for your support and love! I'll try to write better next week! :)
Come what may and love it!
Love, Hermana Serena Loveland
P.S. Happy birthday this week, Grandma J!