Sunday, August 17, 2014

Happy August - August 4, 2014 Letter

Happy August! 

Time is flying. All is well here in San Luis. We had a bit of crazy weather yesterday and it rained a ton. (I'll send pictures. :) ) It was a fun time. Currently the weather is fairly nice, and it will probably heat up again by tomorrow. Always an adventure. :)
 
So updates on investigators: F is doing super well. We taught him a couple times this week and he came to church yesterday. He is pretty excited. One challenge he has is smoking. But he wants to change and we are setting goals with him so he can stop smoking. It's hard because his mom and his uncle, and many others smoke, but he has a great desire to change and to be baptized, and is preparing to be baptized on August 16th. I love how the gospel of Jesus Christ changes people's lives. 
 
Speaking of which, S sent me an email today, with photos of her wedding and baptism. I am soo incredibly happy for her and her family. I love them so much and love how the gospel has changed their lives. It was so great to hear from her. :)
 
A few other investigators we have are S and G, an older couple who are excited about learning and coming to church. The one thing is, they aren't legally married, and S needs to be divorced before they can do that. We have also taught their grandson who lives with them, J. G didn't make it to church yesterday, but S and J came and are preparing to be baptized on September 6.
 
This week we also had exchanges with our sister training leader, Hermana Bautista. She is a great missionary and I was able to learn lots of stuff. 
 
This week I hit my 9 month in the mission and sometimes I feel like I'm just barely starting, because there are lots of things to learn and improve each day. But that's the cool thing about the mission (and life), we get to keep learning and becoming better every day, and we never finish learning. I'm grateful that through the atonement of Jesus Christ we can change and be better every single day and we don't have to keep making the same mistakes. I love this gospel and I love being a missionary and sharing it with others!
 
I love you all!
Keep smiling!
Love,Hermana Loveland