I love you! I did get my birthday package this week and I loved it! Thank you soo much! Oh and Hermana Rivera says "Muchas gracias" for her necklace. :)
I hope I can focus enough to write this letter. In this internet place there are currently some teenage boys playing video games and yelling and screaming, but oh well. :)
So my birthday was a fairly normal day. Hermana Torres made french toast and also made me a little sign that says "Feliz cumpleaƱos." And we also went and got ice cream in the afternoon. :) On Thursday we had interviews with Presidente Carreon and that is when I got my package. :) I love having interviews with president. He is an inspired man. I love to have that one on one conversation with him and learn from him. One of the things he shared with me was in 1 Nephi 18 when Nephi builds the boat. He said there is a formula here that we can use all throughout our lives. First we pray, then the Lord teaches us, then we act, and we do it in the way of the Lord. It is very true. I love to learn from the scriptures and apply them in our lives!
Updates on S and E: they are doing super well! I seriously love that family. Their oldest son, G, is 5 years old and his parents said that every day this week he woke up and asked if they were going to church that day, and wanted to know when Sunday was coming so they could go again. He's so sweet. This week we are going to have a family home evening with them and the Ceron family, so that should be super fun.
Sadly R did not get baptized this week, and neither did A, but we are going to keep working with them and soon they will be baptized. :)
Another investigator we have is M. He is American, but has lived here for a long time and speaks Spanish. He is about 45 years old. One time we were going to visit another investigator and a woman outside said, "Hermanas, when you're done can you come here?" Of course we agreed. Turns out she is a member in another ward but was at her boyfriend's house. She told us that he was interested in learning about the church. He is really cool. He used to be a Jehovah's Witness. We taught him that day and also a few more times and he came to church this week. :) He has a lot of faith and he has been praying and reading the Book of Mormon and he knows that it is true. I am very excited for him.
We were not able to watch the Women's Conference, but I am looking forward to reading the talks. It sounds like they were wonderful. And I am SOO excited for General Conference this weekend. It is so cool that we get to listen to the prophet and apostles and our wonderful leaders and learn from them and the Spirit. General Conference is one of my favorite things and I am so excited for the strength it brings us.
Dad- I hope you have an incredible weekend at Conference and at your mission reunion! I'm sure it will be awesome. Sounds like Jeremy had a great birthday party. I cannot believe he's turning 16.
Mom- Thanks once again for your emails and support! I love you!
Jeremy- Happy birthday! You are OLD. Seriously, when did that happen. I hope you have lots of fun! Maybe I'll send you a package soon. Anything special you want?
Stephanie, Guy & Daniel- Thanks for the email! I loved hearing from you! I love you!
Well I have to go! Thanks for everything! I love you! Have an excellent week and enjoy General Conference!
Love,