Hello family! Thanks for the letters and birthday wishes. It doesn't feel like my birthday is tomorrow, or that I'm turning 20. That's kinda old... I'm still have a hard time believing we're in March already, and it's almost over. Time flies pretty fast! I'm glad you guys got my package :) and I'm looking forward to getting yours! Thanks so much! My family is the best.
Good news- S and E and their 3 adorable sons came to church yesterday! I was so happy to see them there and they loved it. There oldest son is 5 and he didn't want to leave afterwards. I love that family.
Another family that we've been visiting is the C family. They were less active but they've come to church two weeks in a row and the wife even said the prayer in sacrament meeting yesterday and shared in Relief Society how grateful she is for the missionaries. I am very grateful for the opportunities the Lord gives me to be an instrument in His hands. I'm grateful He lets me be in the right place and the right time and be guided by the Spirit. I love being a missionary!
We've been teaching the Lopez family who have a 9 year old son who isn't baptized. They speak English as well and so we teach kind of in Spanglish. It's pretty funny. The 9 year old, R, is pretty funny as well. We were talking about the Book of Mormon and we asked him if he thinks he'll get closer to God by reading it. He said, "Yeah, and to Mormon since it's his book!" haha funny kid.
Yesterday was our ward conference and I really enjoyed it. We also have a new bishopric! Our new bishop is Bishop Montemayor and he is really awesome. He loves missionary work (and he actually served his mission here). I am excited. One concern I have is that Hermano Ceron is in the bishopric and we don't currently have a ward mission leader. But he'll keep working with us until we have one.
I am very excited about this transfer with Hermana Torres. I love her! We get along pretty well and I am learning lots from her. She is an excellent missionary. We still speak Spanish all the time outside of the house (unless we're teaching in Spanglish) and we speak it most of the time inside, though not 100%. But it's probably good to speak a little English because I think I'm forgetting it. haha
In other good news: R AND A are going to be baptized this week! We are very excited for them, and they are excited as well!
Mom- Thanks as always for the updates. Yeah, the members here are wonderful. I love this ward a lot. I hope you have a wonderful spring break and the kids don't drive you too crazy!
Autumn- Thanks so much for your email. I am glad you love being in plays. It's lots of fun! And tell everyone hi for me. :) I'm glad I have such a great little sister. Keep being awesome!
Wesley- I'm so glad you are alive. That is good news. Thanks for the email. It is pretty weird that Jeremy is turning 16. He's old! I'm glad you are having a good time. I am having a great time in Mexico. :)
Thanks again for your letters and support! I love you all! Have an incredible week and share the Gospel with someone! :)
Love,
Hermana Serena Loveland