What a week. I can't believe this transfer is half way over. I am loving my time here in Playas and being with Hermana Torres. She is an awesome missionary and I've learned a ton from her.
I loved general conference and I hope you were all able to enjoy it as well. We watched it in the stake center. It was different watching in Spanish but I was still able to understand it and learn a LOT. I am so glad we have a prophet and other church leaders to share this inspired messages with us! I am excited to have the Liahona with all the talks and be able to read and study them more.
Also most of this week we didn't have running water in our apartment. Apparently the people who live above us didn't pay their water bill and our water is connected. So we had a tiny bit of running water but not sufficient to shower. A couple times we went and showered at the other hermanas' house and on Friday night we got permission to stay the night with them because we had to leave earlyish in the morning on Saturday for General Conference. That was fun. :) Hermana V took us. She is a wonderful person and is always helping us out.
Our numbers of lessons and new investigators have been kinda low, but this week we are going to work harder and I know that the Lord will help us. It is His work and He won't let us fail. Sometimes I feel like a fall short from what He expects of me, but I am so grateful that I can improve and that the Lord is here to help me. This in an incredible work and I am so grateful that I get to be a missionary, represent the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and share the Gospel of Christ with the people here. Sometimes it is hard, but it's incredibly worth it and it's the greatest work on earth!
Yesterday we ate with a less active family, the Herman family. He is American and she is Mexican. He doesn't really speak Spanish and she doesn't speak English. I have no idea how, but somehow it works for them. He is also a great cook. He made lasagna and served us a ton. It was amazing. Then he brought out strawberry shortcake, which was also delicious. I was feeling very full, and then he brought out ice cream! We ate so much yesterday and I am still kinda full. haha.
S and family are doing well. I loved the family home evening we had with the Ceron family. We also went and got the information about what S and E need to be able to get married and how much it will cost and stuff, and told S about it. Most likely they will get married in May, and then she will get baptized. And most likely I won't be here. But I will be forever grateful to my Heavenly Father that He put her in our path one day and that we had the courage to contact her, and that she was so willing to listen. I love that family so much!
Well I've got to go. This computer doesn't want to read my memory card, so I'll have to send pictures next week. :) I hope you all have an excellent week! I love you and pray for you!
Love,
Hermana Loveland