Helllllloooo my wonderful family!
Honestly I didn't even know that yesterday was the Super Bowl. haha but I did have a pretty good day! :)
So updates: first of all, today are transfers. Yeah, my companion
and I are both staying, but the exciting news is that we're getting 2
more sisters in our ward!!!! Woohoo! Today we've been running around
like crazy doing stuff to get their apartment ready
for them. We're going to pick them up tonight in Paraiso, the stake
center where they have transfers. And we do know that one of them will
be an americana, and her trainer. I'm soooo excited to meet them.
Previously we were the only hermanas in our zone and
stake, but now we'll have 4 in our ward!! Yaaay! We are very excited.
Updates on S and M: turns out they had slept in last
week... oops. So things continued as normal and they planned to come to
church this week, but when we went to pick them up, they said they
couldn't come. Yesterday was Dia de la Candelaria or
something, which is apparently a big day for tamales, and she had to
make more... sad day. But we'll keep working with them and we hope they
will come next week. :) Also we had a scare where they were going to
move, and we weren't sure if it would be in our
ward, and if it was, it was going to be in the area of the new hermanas,
and we didn't want to have to give her to other missionaries. haha but
it turns out that everything was wrong with that apartment, and then
someone else offered them an apartment that
is way closer and more secure, and still in our area. :) So we are also
super excited about that.
This week we received a referral from a member (which is the best
way to do missionary work) and we went with her right then to teach her.
The investigator is awesome! We taught her
the Restoration and she was excited to read
the Book of Mormon. And she and her 10 year old daughter came to church
on Sunday! It was wonderful.
In other exciting news, we started running in the mornings (which
we were not doing before) and it's the BEST. I love it. I have more
energy and I feel great. And I LOVE mornings. I never thought I would
love running, but it's one of my favorite parts
of the day. We also get ready faster in the mornings, so we can eat
breakfast BEFORE we study, which is also a lot better. Presidente
Carreon said that in our personal study, we are investigators of the
Lord. I love that. I love the time I have to study especially
the Book of Mormon. That book is so good and so TRUE.
I wish I had time to tell you all of the tender mercies and
miracles that occur. I am very happy and I hope all is well with all of
you!
Dad- Thanks for the letter and the quote! I'll think about those
themes of missionary, and get back to you next week, though I don't know
if that's too late... Thanks for helping with the missionaries so much,
I know they really appreciate it! :)
Autumn- Thanks for your letter! And thanks for being the best little sister ever, and a great missionary too! Keep smiling!
I hope you all have an excellent week! I love you!
Love,
Hermana Loveland
P.S. My Spanish is getting better and my English is getting worse.
haha Yesterday I was talking to someone in English and I had to think
really hard and kept accidently using Spanish. and I've only been in
Mexico about a month and a half!