Monday, February 17, 2014

Feb. 10 2014 Letter

Hello wonderful friends and family!
 
Feliz dia de amor y amistad! (love and frienship) I hope you all have a great Valentine's Day this week! :) And I hope you are all enjoying the cold/snow in Oregon!
 
I love having four missionaries in our ward! It's wonderful. The other two are Hermana Rivera from the state of Mexico, and Hermana Tree from Montana. They are soooo great. I especially enjoyed sharing p-day with them. We went to the pure corner of Mexico, at the border and the ocean. I'll try to send pictures today, but who knows with these computers... It's also lots of fun to have another "gringa" around. :) Also on Thursday we did exchanges fora little bit so Hermana Mendoza could help Hermana Rivera get to know her area a little more. Which left me and Hermana Tree to work in our area. :) haha it was fun. It was a good way to put my Spanish to the test and practice teaching without my trainer. It went pretty well. Sometimes I still don't understand everything, but it gets better every day. :) 
 
Updates on S- didn't come to church again yesterday. :( We don't know why, we'll have to visit them today and see what we can do so that they can come next week. But they are still super awesome. On Friday we visited S and made a plan with her to help her stop smoking. We taught her about fasting (actually she brought it up before we did!) and she and we fasted. She was very excited. I'll be sure to keep you updated on her. :)
 
M didn't come to church either, because she was sick. But we visited her earlier in the week and she is progressing well. We're hoping to be able to teach her and her daughter this week.
 
Another investigator we have is A. She recently married a member and comes to church every week, goes to RElief Society activities, she even sings in the ward choir! But we haven't been able to visit her until last week. When we did visit her she was very receptive and wants to be baptized, she just wants to make sure she has her testimony beforehand, wants to be sure of what she is doing. She is really great. She has a baptismal date for February 20th. I am very excited for her. :)
 
Other exciting news, tomorrow we have a conference for the WHOLE mission with Bishop Dean M. Davies. I am very excited. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes. :)
 
I hope you all have a fantastic week! Keep smiling! I love you!


Mom- Thanks for the updates and stories. :) And yep, we're still running. I love it. :) 
Wesley- Thanks for the email! I'm sorry you've been sick, hope your life can get back to normal soon! Thanks for "checking in." haha have a great day, punk!

Love, 
Serena