I love you! Thanks for everything. :)
The mission conference this week was really great! Bishop Davies and his wife spoke, as well as Elder Valenzuela of the Mexico Area Presidency and his wife. It's so cool to hear from such amazing people and feel their spirit and love. It was also awesome to meet with the WHOLE mission. About 210 missionaries I think. It was sweet. Missionaries are so cool! haha :)
Once again S didn't come to church. :( We visit them and teach them throughout the week and S especially is always excited to come to church, saying, "This week we'll be there, no more excuses." And then they don't make it. :( We don't know where they live currently (they don't know the address and it's kinda far away) so we can't go pick them up. Last week they ended up going to another Christian church with a friend, other times they sleep in or have to work. But I have faith and hope that they will make it one day! I'm hoping for next Sunday. :) They are progressing well in everything else, especially S with her Book of Mormon. She reads it while she's at her tamale stand and has read quite a bit. She's also progressing with word of wisdom as well. It's so cool to see that through the Gospel of Jesus Christ people can make changes and improve their lives and become more like our Savior. I love being a missionary and having the opportunity to be an instrument in the Lord's hands.
Okay, so with A, she went out of town and doesn´t know when she'll get back...so I guess we'll have to wait. :/
We have a couple investigators who are getting ready to be baptized on March 8th. They are R and C. THey are brothers, R is 16 and C is 13. Their mom is a member and was inactive, she actually found us in Walmart about a month ago and wanted us to teach her kids. They are really great and love going to activities and to church. They also have a couple friends who are very interested in learning more about the church, so we'll have to see if we can meet with their families and teach them as well. :)
This week I finished reading the Book of Mormon. In Spanish! Then I went into the bathroom (the only place a missionary can be alone..) and I kneeled and prayed and asked if it's true. The answer wasn't as powerful as I thought it might be, but I felt peace and joy and I know that it's true! I am so grateful for this book, and I know it's the word of God. Presdient Hinckley has said that even after we've received a testimony we can put Moroni's words to the test again and ask again if it's true, and we'll receive the answer. I invite you all to do that! Read the Book of Mormon and ask if it's true. :) I love the Book of Mormon.
Here's a funny story for you: on Thursday we were locked in our apartment. haha on Wednesday night we shut the door and then it didn't want to open again. We were going to go running in the morning, but we couldn't leave. We tried to take apart the handle and see if we could figure it out, but we were unsuccessful. Later we called the other hermanas and they came to see if they could open it from the other side, but with no luck. We called our ward mission leader and he came and rescued us. He took apart the handle and got the door open, and then put it back together again. We have a great ward mission leader. :)
Okay, well I'm going to try to send some photos (probably lots :) ). I hope you all have a fantastic week! I love you!
Dad- I have no doubt your talk was amazing! I wish I could have heard it, but I'm having a good time in Mexico too. :) I'm glad you got some good movies, and I hope you are enjoying them! :) I love you!
Mom- I love you! Thanks for everything. I haven't gotten the package yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Thanks! I hope my letters are sufficient for you. :)
Autumn- Thanks for your letters and for your prayers. I love you!
Have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Serena