Monday, September 26, 2011

Sept 19, 2011 Letter

Dear Wonderful family and other lovely creatures:

Thank you for the great letters! Mom Im glad that the letters I sent were of some good! The missionary spirit truly is powerful. I think itll hurt when its gone. I love those people of whom you have spoken. I am so pumped to have met them. On the bus today a lady commented that it must be great to do this work because you get to make great friendships. I would have to agree! These people are great! I love Brasil!

I have been, as you said Mom, "toiling" quite a bit here, and while we are having great success, it is not at the level we have been praying and hoping for. I have been especially disappointed with the number of investigators at church. We arent finding the men or families that we want. But its always after the trial of our faith that the miracles come, so we will see what happens this week...

One of the greatest things happened last week! On Sunday, the branch announced there will be a bus picking people up for church next week! wonderful! Our chapel is out of our area (the new chapel will open on October 29th...a lil late if ya ask me.) Anyways we got a bus! Woohoo! Also, after the Sacramento meeting, they a had a quick branch leadership meeting. Each organization made a goal for how many investigators and less-actives they will bring. The total goal turned out to be about 50! aside from those that we will bring. That will be a huge answer to my prayers. I love this branch. Great people.

There are a few members that will drop everything to help the missionaries. Geraldinho is one of the best members of this branch. And Deolinda, a Sister who also helps a ton. Its incredible how much the testimony of a member can completely fill the room with the Spirit.

This week is a super important week. Its gotta be incredible. We have to load that chapel. So that next week we can load the baptismal font. I made a mission baptismal goal a while back for the mission, and I need to reach it. we are gonna need some miracles here. And we are gonna have to work like its no ones business.

Sure, Ill speak at both wards. I don't even think I could handle a Sunday afternoon with nothing to do. So weird. And good luck with the school thing, Im sure itll work out. Im not worried.

One of the things Ive started doing, at the suggestion of President Tanner is pray out loud. It is really helping me to express myself more fully to the Lord (and not fall asleep). we can see the power of a spoken prayer in the First Vision. It wasn't Joseph's first prayer, just his first spoken pérsonal prayer. Its helping me a lot.

This week, I think my focus is going to be my companion. He is incredible. He has so much potential as a missionary. He has such a strong desire to do this work, and is always helping my to be better. I feel like we are a great team. I love Elder Kidd. He will definitely be a better missionary than I am, he has no fear of anything. He just does it. And I love that. He has a great way of making friendships, even if he doesnt speak so well. He will be an incredible, powerful missionary, and a life long friend. I'm stoked to meet his parents.

Sorry if this letter is scattered, I cant sit still. Haha so much to do in these last weeks! I hope you all know that I love this church, and that it is a huge blessing in my life. I hope that all goes well for you this week!

Love you!
Elder Jake