Hey Guys!
SO Sorry for last week! We went to the temple, which was an awesome experience. I love the Temple. How blessed we are to have it in our lives. It is such an incredibly peaceful place. In the temple I could feel that extra boost, and was able to rededicate myself to this wonderful work. I know that I will run and work until the end, I am no longer worried about that. I know the Lord wil help me, and Ill be able to give it my all.
Coming back from the temple, we got the bus that our bishop told us to get. And we accidently left the mission, by a lot! I have never been that north before in São Paulo. It was pretty crazy. We got to a bus station that was ridiculously far from our area/mission, and that got another bus to another bus station a little closer, and finally a last bus that was completely packed. We got back to our area at 7ish, and went straight to work. We had planned to use internet another day, but we ended up not having time. I asked my comp if he wanted to "fast" internet for the rest of the transfer. haha Our poor mothers would kill us. He knows well its a mission rule to write home every week, so no worries there mom!
Presidente and Sister Tanner are doing great. I want you to meet them. They really are like my second parents. They spoke in our sacrament meeting sunday and brought chocolate chip cookies for me and Elder K. Incredible people!
Things are going well! We are working hard, that I am sure of. We just arent having the success we would like. The Lord is definitly trying our faith. A lot. And that is the focus of our transfer, faith. We set some really high goals, felt like they were from God. And at the end of the week I was really doubting. I felt like there was no way we could do it. And then it came to me. Youŕe right! You can't! But luckily, you arent alone. He is. The God Of Isreal is the leader of your companionship. You can't do it alone, but He is working even harder than you are. So keep it up. Work even harder, and leave the rest up to Him. He'll do His part.
So thats our plan. Keep working, keep praying, and leave the rest up to Him.
THis week we had the baptism of Sabrina. She is 8, and wonderful. Her mother goes to church every week with her, and he brother did too. The story of the family rips me apart. We tught her father. Super great guy, and great lesson. He accepted the invitation to turn his life around, be honest with his work (some sketchy falsified documents), to not work on sunday, get married and to be baptized! All in the 2nd lesson! SO sweet! Then Satan got to him. Now he doesnt even want to talk to us. Doesnt want anything to do with anything He agreed to. Wont even marry his wife so that she can get baptized, something she really wants to do. Her son also lost interest because of his father and a few ridiculous uncles. All the men in that area are all scared of us now. haha im so confused. We walk around the corner and they scatter like rats, all to their lil hiding spots. Its wierd to see 5 grown men running away from you...haha. We will keep praying for them and do our best to help em out.
We have had a lot of investigators give up on us. Really started weighing me down. The wickedness is so great in this area. My heart yerns everytime someone chooses the world of God, or prohibits their children to choose to follow God. And many, many people who dont want to hear our message, or that reject it because they "already know the truth". It was an extremely trying and depressing week. But we kept praying for faith, for "hope for a better world". And the Lord gave that to us. We have found a few people that the Lord is preparing, an d this week, we will find many more!
My companion and I are doing really well. I love that kid so much. We are working out a ton as well. That helps me out a lot. Gets the stress outta me.
I know the Lord is with us. I know that He loves us, and wants us to be happy! And we all will be, each trial we go through is for that purpose. I love the Lord. I love the power off Hymns. So incredible.
Amo vocês! Tenham uma ótima semana!
Elder Loveland