Here we go!
Well its the start of a new transfer! This week was good, odd but good. ahhh. I have no idea how to sum up my weeks anymore haha.
Well, Id like to talk about the upcoming week actually, and the people we are teaching. Patrick. Stud. I may have told you about him last week. But he is a friend of Fernando and Sebastião. He has struggled for a long time with drugs. But he has been reading the Book of Mormon everyday, and it has been helping him so much! Yes! He is a champion. He will be baptized this week.
Sebastião´s neighbor who lives in the front of his house, Fátims is also listening to our messages. She will also be baptized on Sunday! Or maybe Tuesday. We shall see. But she also has a ton of faith. We explained to her the blessings of abstaining from, coffee, and the other substnaces of the Word of Wisdom. Spoke to her of how God wants us all to be free, with addictions, we are not free. She agreed to let us take her coffee and throw it out! What a great amout of faith! Woohoo! She has a relapse, but she has now overcome! Halelujah.
Also, we have Adriana. She smokes, and drinks coffee. We, once again, taught her about the Word of Wisdom! She accepted! gave us her copy, and we made a goal with her to stop smoking! She (I hope) is on her way through her first day without smoking in many many years! Woohoo!
I have really seen the change in these people who have been able to set aside addictions, even small ones. There is a light in them. Its wonderful!
I love being a missionary. I love seeing other people doing it as well. Sister Richardson just took about 27 Books of Mormon and some DVDs to pass out to her friends and acquaintances! So cool.
And my lil sister S. What a sweet example! I am so proud. She wrote a letter to a less active friend! AND she gave a Book of Mormon to a friend at school! I am so excited to be that kind of missionary when I go home! Im jealous, haha! S, if everybody did what you did, how many people would be blessed and brought into the fold of Christ! My sister is my hero. Wohoo!
Well, I love you guys, and I love my mission. Its not easy, but it is sure doce (sweet). Oh how i love my life.
Love ya! Elder Jake