Hey hey hey!
Happy Easter! Easter here was super normal, but a good day. I am really grateful for the Spirit at church. I was a lil bit down. I was sad that we didnt get the baptism we wanted, but mostly because of the retention rate.
As I looked around I was so crushed because of the people that werent there. It has been hard to see that in this area. The program was put on by the YM/YW, and as I sat there listening to the music and words, I was overcome the Spirit because of the people were there. As I looked at these youth, ,many are the only members in there family, or at least active member. Many are recent converts, almost all are converts.Those who arent are rocks for those coming in. Many of them have brought there families into the gospel, and or friends. There is so much strength in the youth. I felt their power, and dedication. Made me once again grateful for the things that go right, and the blessings I do have. And now, it makes me grateful for the Savior and that He forgives me of my weaknesses, and strengthens me!
Well to answer your questions! Our area is about 1 hour to 1 hour and 1/2 away from the mission office, by bus. So, with divisions and office duties, I am on the bus abut 9 hours a week! Woohoo! We are in division for two days every weeek, and these divisions could be anywhere in the mission, so we do get to travel a bit! We are pretty much normal missionaries, we just have meetings on Tuesdays. I really like that. Not much has changed from the other assignments, just now I have to be at a few more meetings. I am grateful that we spend the majority of our time working in our area, or that of another set of missionaries. I love the work.
This week we were really looking for someone to baptize this week. We made a list of all the people who had been to church, who coulde be baptized. It was a crazy week. We came so close! I thought we had it! But it was not the will of the Lord for this week. However, as we finished the week off, much fasting and prayer, our prayers were answered. A man showed up at church. He had been to going to church for two months in another chapel, but wasnt baptized because he didnt have many friends there. Then, last week, a recent-convert invited him to go to church (I dont think he knew that this man, Sebastião, had been going to another ward). So he found a closer ward, and already has a great friend. I believe he will be baptized Saturday.
Its incredible how the Lord works miracles, but always on His schedule, and not ours. I am once again humbled by the fact that I have very lil to do with these miracles. I am simply an instrument in the Lords hands he uses to do a few things here and there. I just hope I can be a lil more humble, and willing to follow the Spirit, so I can do more for Him. Hes done so much for me.
I am going to have to go now, I don't feel very well! But I love you guys, thank you for the wonderful letters!
Love, Elder Jake