Saturday, April 23, 2011

April 18 Letter

Dear Family!

Happy Birthday DAD! And Happy Aniversàrio to Mom and Dad! You guys are great examples to me, and I'm so grateful to have yous in my life!

This week has been super busy! It was the last week for Elder F. Rocha. It was really hard for him to give up the mission. Everyone says that, but on tuesday, that was put to the test. While taking with President about the upcoming transfers, President looked into his soul haha and asked him to stay one more trasnfer. Without needing to think, he accepted. I was impressed. He decided to call his parents and ask them what they thought. Because His parents are recent converts, and mainly because of the Spirit, he and Pres felt he should go home. It was a great example to me of the immense desire to serve the Lord. I hope I can finish my mission with the same energy and devotion as He is/did.

Well, my new companion is Elder Augusto! Super cool guy. From Belém do Pará. He was the one who took my spot in my last area. I am way excited to learn with him, and work like crazy.

Well, this weekend was the baptism for Fernando and Yasmine! Woohoo! Such a cool couple! They willl be powerful members in the church. I am so happy for them. Ill send a picture later when I have more time!

I have been blessed this week to have the Spirit use me as a tool this week a few times. Makes me feel so humble, and grateful. He puts thoughts in our mind that are insane to use, and then it works out bettter then we imagined. He is so wonderful. I need so much to be able to trust in Him more. But I am grateful for His patience and love.

Well I gotta go! I love you guys, thanks for your prayers! I am so excited to be able to pray with my family once again. This week I had the chance to be with my trainer. And I was so grateful to be able to kneel down and pray with him. Imagine my family then! Woohoo!

Love you guys, sorry to be so short!

Elder Jake

PS this week, as I prayed, I felt like I should try to be more like Grandpa J. I had been kinda quiet, and as I prayed about it, felt like Ishould follow his example, and talk to everyone, try and complement everyone. An exammple I have in many others, but a few stories came to my mind that Mom told me of him. So pumped for my fam! Love ya!