Thursday, January 6, 2011

Lions and fireworks

Hey Hey hey!

Today I am completely wet. We went to the zoo! It was pretty fun. I love the zoo! Feel closer to my family :) We decided the other day that we dont use our P-days like we should, that we needed to get out and do stuff, for our own sake. So we are gonna have to do some other fun stuff comin up. But the zoo was a blast. Just as we left the lions cage (the last animal to see), it started pouring hard. We got destroyed. Im still dripping and it was a few hours ago. But it was worth it. Reminded me of good ol' Oregon, except people were running for cover instead of just taking the rain like a man.

New Years eve. I was super tired! SO, as always, went to bed at 10:30 and was able to sleep. As I mentioned before, there is a full-on firework show that they light off above our house - SUPER close to our house. But, with my incredible skills, I slept through it all! I only woke up at 12:00 because my comp woke me up and I muttered out "Feliz Ano Novo," and was back asleep, I think before I finished the phrase.

I read in Matthew today that Im not the only one with selective narcalepsy (?). Jesus Christ sleep on the boat during the storm! That made my day.

Well we are working like lil slave pigs here. I'm pretty much always tired now. Its crazy. But its worth it. Last night, we had an incredible lesson. We had a Family home Evening marked with one active family, and one family who is coming back to church. When we were trying to plan the lesson, we found this dvd in the house we had never seen or heard of called "Our Heavenly Father's Plan." My comp said he really wanted to watch it, but I wasnt so sure because the TV didn't have sound there and we had had a game planned for after the message about the Restoration of the Church. But he thought it would be good. We got everything set up, and went to get the family and they bailed!

So we decided to try and get everyone else we could to go, even contacts on the street. We finally got Regis, recently reactivated member, Evanildes a recent convert, and Paula, who's 18. She has always been around when we taught but never really paid much attention and always, ALWAYS said she would go to church but never did.

Anyways, we were able to rig two TVs together to get sound and image, and started the movie. Super good movie. Cheesy, but good. The spirit was strong. After the movie, we went around talking about what we felt, and learned.

We decided to come back to Paula a second time and she opened up. She said she had been praying to know what her purpose was in life. And that was her answer. And in seeing all those happy families, she realized what she wanted in her current family, and her future. Her family is messed up. have some real struggles that I couldn't even imagine. Anyways, she really felt the Spirit. That movie was made for her! She accepted a baptismal date. One of the best lessons, where the Spirit was so strong, she couldn't say no. Really made my day; Helped me one more time to realize that we are merely instuments in the Lords hands, and he does it all!

Well, as is custom, I am out of time! I love you all!
Elder Jake