This week was pretty good, we are getting some stuff moving! So just a few lil bits of random for ya...
Lucia is doing great! She is progressing and all, she stopped smoking! She is a fairly stubborn woman, so when she made up her mind to stop smoking, she stuck to it! Her baptism is all ready for this sunday!
Roseli is also ready. She loves the missionaries quite a lot, and is so excited to be baptized! What a great lady, she has so much faith, and studies the scriptures ridiculously well! sometimes leaving the missionaries running behind her tryin to catch up! haha She keeps us sharp, and on our toes.
Leonardo is a fly cat. He is 15, and we found him through a soccer night.
Side story--> Every thursday night, the ward has youth soccer at the church. A ton of people show up. They made a new rule last week, that the non-members had to heara message before they played. So we taught 14 young men last week, and one was Leonardo.
He has been going to church for awhile, and even seminary. His grandma is a member, but his parents arent, and don't want anything to do with the church, but tonight we have an appointment with him, and we will invite him to be baptized this sunday as well!
Another side note. I was really tired this week, as often happens to missionaries.When we were teaching Leonardo the 2nd time, I fell alseep during the lesson! But many missionaries do that, and we all know Elder Jake is not an ordinary, average missionary! I fell asleep WHILE TEACHING. I know, thats ridiculous. haha only me... haha but I am doing great now!
So thats way cool that President Farias is in contact with you guys, he is a great help for sure! I am also glad to hear my parents are concerned with my eating. Haha, but dont worry! You know me, I am not going to go with out food! We made plans! We have as many family nights as we can, which fulfills the mission purpose extremely well as we intergrate members and investigators, and we eat really well! Also, we have had this problem, where the sisters just want you to keeping eating more, and more, and more at lunch! So, we came up with a genius idea. "We have to go right now, so can we take some home?" We no longer have to eat til we wanna vomit, no longer go hungry at night, and, even better, the sister loves how we love her food so much that we would take some home! Life is good here in Praia Grande :)
Yesterday, there was this kid in her moms arms when they were walking down the street. They were in front of us, and the kid, facing backwards was the only one who could see us. I Gave her a big smile and a thumbs up. She looked at me, and then began to vomit. A lot. haha! We just walked by and pretended that it wasnt my fault. I thought it was rather a funny experience.
So I lost my name tag for a few days a while back and I used Ross´ for awhile. No one noticed, except for one less-active guy. He thought it was pretty funny! I'm just glad President Richardson didnt notice...
W- Sounds like you are having a blast kid! You are always (at least from what i see haha) loving life! thats awesome! I love telling people stories about you and the other kids. freaking write me a letter! then you can get back to life kid!
[In my letter to Jake last week, I wrote, "Today, W is sick and stayed home from church. Earlier in the am, he and A were playing the game “Life.” Then took a break. After a while, W asked if he could “get back to Life.” I laughed. He didn’t understand why I laughed. When I explained why, his face just broke in a grin."]
A- Did you have fun performing? I bet you did, youve got an awesome stage presence, and a great smile, so i know evryone enjoyed watching you! I wanna see some pictures! Write me a letter!
J- I hear you are on a growth spurt! Thats way sweet haha and I am real proud you take the passing of sacrement seriously, its an important job! i hope you had fun on the campout! That campout was pretty fun when I went, I freaking love camping. There are a lot of people who camp here. But its usually because they are too drunk to find there homes. Not quite as cool haha Write me a carta!
S- You'll get your letter, but I guess I still love you
Mom- It seems like you and your lil dream team are doing a great job of showing the love of the savior, which is a great example for me. Thanks team ;). I really liked what Sister Entze said about skin cancer, I loved that attitude! Sounds like you are as usual juggling super well, Im learning a bit of that right now!
Ross, thanks for the letter man, Ill try andwrite you back today, if not, next week!
Well, love you people, dont do drugs, choose the right, have your dogs and cats spayed or neutered!
Elder Jake
In a separate letter to his dad, Elder Jake wrote -
Hey Pops!
I hope you had a great week on the home front! Thats pretty cool of you to prepare two different talks, thats a great example of following the spirit, even if it means more work. Thanks for thanking them for me as well, I will never be caught up in all the thanking I have to do!
Thats crazy that so many of the high council are changing. Do you know why? If you could some how work your way up to become stake president in the next year and a half, that would be a wonderful blessing so i can get released before we travel. Haha!
Sounds like you are staying really busy, and having a bit of fun too! Thanks for being such a great example!
Thanks for the great letters, and for the support! I love you, have a great week!
Elder Jake