Monday, May 31, 2010

Dengue Fever and a New Comp

Dear People,

You people are awesome! This week has been a lil bit of a roller coaster. So lets jump right in...

So Wednesday, we went and did the baptisimal interviews for Leonardo, Roseli, and Lucia. I was with the DL, ELder Sena, in division. The schedule was so ridulous, we crossed our ginormous area 5 times! It was the only way to do it because of the schedules of those being interviewed, and other appointments. Everyone got in, but it was a long day haha. And they all passed! Really great!

Thursday we had Zone conference. It was really good, as always. Its always super great to see those other great missionaries, and to hear from the leaders. Elder Godoi, of the area presidency was there. He talked a lot about traps of the mission. Lil ways to use our time better, and get more baptisms and such. Really liked it. He also said that one of the biggest reasons we got sent to Sao Paulo was to to learn from President Richardson. I really felt that, he is a good president, and I have learned quite a lot from him. I can see how he is helping me out a ton. Least thats what I thought thursday...

Friday night, I came down with dengue fever! Woohoo! That was great haha. Felt like I got hit by a semi-truck. and like someone was trying to take my eyes out with spoons. But after sleeping all Saturday and Sunday I was all good. Now Im just stuck with a wonderful full-body rash. haha Super crazy. I dont really mind, at least it gives me something interesting to write in the journal!

Sunday, we had the baptisms! It went really well, I even had the opportunity to baptize Roseli. Afterwards, she told us she would remember us and be grateful for eternity. That is a wonderful thing to hear, not going to lie. She is a wonderful woman, truly saw the light in her eyes afterwards. Thats what this is all about!

So, for the climax. Transfers! We got tranfer calls at about 11:30 Sunday night. Elder Finlinson got transferred! AND so did Elder Faria, from our house. But no missionaries got tranferred here... which leaves me and Elder Perry with two areas! They are both ginormous! Crazy!

I was pretty sad about Elder Finlinson leaving, he was my favorite companion for sure, I really liked working with the kid. We had a blast. Hes the kinda guy I will def hang out with post mish. Anyways, yesterday morning I got a call from President... He told me that Elder Perry and I, in a week or so, would both get companions. But they would be young men who arent actually missionaries yet, but are waiting for calls. So he broke it down from me. He said you will be training, a brazilian, who never even went to the MTC. He told me the mission went down six missionaries this transfer, and that he knew he could trust me to take care of the area.

Pray for me hahaha

I am excited, but I am definitely nervous a bit. My "carefree" days are over, its gonna be an adventure! Haha

But everything here is good, I am still having a great time, and now, I'm gonna go take a nap :)

I got the package! Not the second one yet, but thank you so very much! Was super great to get that! Winter clothes will definitely not be needing haha but thanks anyways! And a thermal blanket, please no haha I sleep in a sheet, if its not to hot!

I am really excited about the deck, thats gonna be awesome! Sounds like your week was really busy, and really fun! Would have been great to see some of the performances, but I know you guys did great! I loved the pictures! Well, I am running out of time, I love you all! I hope J does play football! haha

Love you all!

Elder Jake