Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ola Amigos!

The V family got baptized! That is so freaking cool! Haha that absolutley made my day! I am way glad to hear that. I wish I could have been there, but hey, thats alright! Congradulations! They are going to be such an amazing family and influence for the people there!

That is really crazy about the hymn thing at church. cause the EXACT same thing happened in our ward on Sunday! cRazy! [After the organist played the entire first verse, she realized she was on the wrong page.]

I am super pumped about the house windows and such, Send me some fotos! or photos! qualquer um.

This week has been crazy as usual, but I am really starting to have a blast here. Really getting to relax. Elder Guthrie has helped me relax a ton and in turn, I am helping him with getting up and such. Tomorrow we are going to play basketball! He's become a great friend, and we have some good times.

This week our investigators aren't doing so well. I am not sure what we need to do better, but we are trying! But at lunch I shared amessage about the Book of Mormon, and its power in my life. I really felt I should, even though they talked about it during Sunday School and priesthood (taught by the elders quorum president, who we were eating with). But I shared it anyways. And then at the end, the pres asked one of the other guys there, (there were about 6 single adults there Id never met), if he had a Bom. He said no. And that night he said he really wants to be baptized! So we will do that for him!

Maria Do Carmo is amazing. Her and her family are fantastic people! SO strong! She still wants to be baptized on the 9th of april, but she has been reading the Bom every day. She works on Sundays, but its with an odd guy who needs watchin after. So it needs to be done, even on Sunday. SO she asked if she could get three Sundays a month where should could get off early to go to church! SO legit!

As requested, the lil notes shall now be presented.Will be better next week. But, have the kids write an email everyonce in awhile!:

Mom, that is really cool about the 10k, super great.

S: You got your letter, but I love you anyways :)

J: You made french toast for the neighbors?! That is awesome! I am way impressed,that is way good

A! Nice job with your state fair project! I'm sure it was great, send me pictures! And M&Ms ;)

W! Sounds you too are being quite the lil missionary, and being a great example to your friend!Keep that up! And don't kick girls! unless they deserve it a lot

...Katie and Ross! Yeah, katie, email that to me if you can. And Elder Bradreich is in my Zone! SWEET! Thanks for that great letter Katie! and Ross, what on earth are you studying now? E´plain that, and why haha

Sorry to be so short, not much to write about this week! But I love you all! thank you for the letters! Even if I don't have to time to reply, I print em off and they are a huge boost! Also the snail mail letters, really make my day, and today was the first time in 2 months I had to reply to some! Sorry people! thank you!

Can you send me a lil leather bound BoM? in english. LIke small. Pocketsized. Maybe? LOve you all!Bye!

Elder Jake!