[My computer has been in the shop so I feel off-step with everything.]
Hey!
So thank you again for the wonderful letters! They make my day, my week every time! This week has been a lil crazy, but I took notes so I could remember some things to tell you!
Tuesday was a fantastic day! I loved it. I dunno why, but I was just in an amazing mood, and was so pumped to be on a mission. Really random, but it was one of the best days on my mission, and really I dont know why, nothing exceptional happened!
Wednesday, we were at lunch, and this sister there was leaving for her mission the next day! I was pretty excited for her. I shared a message about enduring to the end (something I needed to perfect). Anyways, at the end of the message, she started talkin about the mission ahead of her and got a lil overwhelmed and started crying. She was havin a hard time leaving everyone behind. I said something to the effect of, "Why are you crying? You're gonna get home before I will!" She found that quite funny, as did everyone else. That helped her perk up a bit, and I hoped we left a bit of enthuiasm for her.
Thursday was Zone Conferece (with 1/3) of the mission. It was way good. It was about the Book of Mormon! I love that book!. Then, the President announced the speakers for the day. Elder Mieo, sister Martinez, and ... I said "Elder L" under my breath and grabbed my Bom as the President echoed my words "Elder L".
I am not gonna lie, I was a lil nervous. I haven't done a whole lot of public speaking in portuguese. And I was speaking on the Book of Mormon! Missionaries talk about it all the time, I had no idea what I could say that would help the 70 missionaries in front of me with much more experience. But the Lord helped me out; I started out a little shaky. But then as soon as I started to speak, I felt so calm, and so confident that the Lord would help me. I spoke ( what I thought at least) really clearly, and with confidence, and "power and authority." I felt the spirit really strong as I testified about that book, and the power it brings is. I felt really good afterwards, and I was really grateful for the Lord, because if I had to do it alone, it would not have gone so well. Would have failed haha
I even had a few younger missionaries ask me how long it took me to be this good at Portuguese. I told them 5 months. But it was really a testimony of the power ofthe gift of tongues to hear that. The Lord really helps missionaries out.
Thursday night I saw Gustavo. Gustavo stopped me on the street about two weeks ago to ask about the church. Thursday, he pulled over his car on the side of the road and got out to talk to us for like 15 mins. He is awesome, and speaks really good English! He even remembered where I was from! Thats nevered happend before!
I have started to make friends with a ton of people on the street! I love talking to them, and they often honk or wave, even if they don't accept the message at first. Really starting to connect with people in this language!
So Friday, I was in the kitchen at about 7 30 and I kinda just had enough with this house. I grabbed a chair and sat down next to the ZLs, woke em up and said, "We need to talk." It was a pretty bold move, but I learned the day before that with the Lord, I can do all I need to. I told them we needed to change this, I needed to start following the rules as companionship, and I needed them to start setting an example.
That night we had a "house council". We decided to change things and start following all the rules, and to help each other out. We set up somethings to help us do this. (Its not easy with 4 elders haha, we like to talk to late sometimes). But it was good, and we are doing it well, despite some grumbling from a certain companion.
That night, after the council, the LZs had 5 or six appointments marked for the same time, so we helped em out. I went with Elder Guthrie and we went to teach at a members house, their non-member friend. We got there and Elder Guthie asked me if I could teach a lesson by myself, and I said I could. So he left to teach one of the other lessons, while I stayed with the family there. Was cool. I loved teaching it alone. Its a lot harder, but also pretty fun!
So thats just a few of my weekly highlights. My companion is really struggling, and is really stressed. He isn't happy, and Im pretty sure he hates me haha. But I am doing my best, and I have really learned to be happy no matter what! His mood doesn't change mine anymore, which is def a good skill to have! I am doing my best to help him out, as lil as I can do.
I called Alex last night. I was going to call him Friday, but President didn't get back to me until yesterday morning! But he lives outside of the mission. So President talked to the mission president there, and they decided I should call him, and let him know what was going on, and also talk to the missionaries who will visit him. Also, President of Sao Paulo Norte said i should expect progress reports from those missionaries as well, which is good! So that's the status. I didnt get ahold of him. but I left my number with his mom or wife or somebody. So we are doing our best :) Thanks for the reference! I really love doin this, and helping Bro B and Alex out!Thanks Bro B!
Dad! Number 3 in the high council! nice work! Haha thats really cool.And that is cool Bro T is there too. I was thinking about him this week actually, I really like his form of leadership. He is such a good guy and just always makes you feel like your important, and makes ya wanna do your best. Thanks for the sports update! And you can tell Kristin I just put the address on a letter to her, its ready to be mailed tomorrow! And yeah, I could use some pilot pens, those nice g-2s would be sweet. and peanut butter.maybe reeses cups haha whatever And thanks a ton for the comics! I love gettin those reminds me of the times we read it together. Thanks for all your encouragement and love!
Mom-Thanks for the letter! Ill check it agian to see if I missed any questions, but thank you so much!
Well, Time be running!
Love you all, have a great week!