Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ola!

[Here's Jake's latest. Regarding the postscript, we are unclear. We think he has his visa. But he could also be projecting with faith that his visa will come. With Jake, who knows!]

Hey! Well life here in the MTC is going great! I am loving it, it is hard work, but it is the Best work! I have never been this happy, which is sayin somethin, cause I have had an amazing life! For some reason this week I have become extremely grateful for my body. I have some nice legs ;) and they work great! And I got to hear the beauty of the music during the Christmas devotional, I get to see this beautiful snow covered tundra (Provo) with those amazing moutains behind! I am super greatful for this world, and everything I have been given, God really hooks us up. Pretty Awesome.

As far as Visas go, we are planning on leaving the 15th, as a district. We are still awaiting about 13 visas, but last week I had a real cool experience. I felt promted to tell the district the following. I was super nervous because of the signifigance of it. I told them, in the best Portuguese I could manage, that if we worked super hard, and spoke only Portuguese, and studied hard, our Heavenly Father would bless us, that we could leave together as a District, on time, the 15th. This was a really bold statement, because of the fact that there are at leat 20 Elders ahead of us, who are waiting for visas, they have been here ten weeks, and there are around 225 other visa waiters. But I have seen the blessings of this statement. Our district only speaks Portuguese now, pretty much all day. They don't use English anymore! The Lord has really blessed us there, we have only been speaking for 8 weeks! We do all interviews, classes, and district meetings in our beautiful mission language! It is so cool. These wonderful missionaries are settting the standard for the branch, and I am so proud to serve them. They have such great faith. We are preparing to leave, taking care of the required things, all blindly. All lot of people laugh at us for thinking we will leave on the 15th, but I know that if we work really hard, the Lord will help us out. I am so grateful the Lord made this promise to me, and to our district. It was pretty scary at first, but Im glad I followed my promptings. What a blessing :) About 5 visas came in last week, the first we have seen since we got here! (except one sister the 2nd week i think) So things are clicking.

One of the ladies in the travel office is a Brazilian, and my campanion and I go visit her to speak in Portuguese. It is so cool! I love it! I am so blessed to be able to speak English, let alone Portuguese! She told me my Portuguese was really good, which made my happy. But I was only using present and past and future (youd think that'd be all, huh?), but I still gotta master the imperfects and stuff! I got a ton of work to do!

This week, I am super grateful for the great guys back home! Kevin, Justin, Keaton, Ben, Pug, and the rest of the crew. That weblos group has been a great example for me! I cannot wait til they all have the opportunity to serve! They best start studying! And those scripture mastery, SUPER helpful! Also, remember to live up to the Gospel, share it through your example, and pray for opportunities to share it more in depth. You guys can change a lot of lives before you even leave high school! I am found such a desire to learn. I just love studyin the Gospel and itas kinda annoying because I want to read everything! I so badly want to kow it all, and I have to be patient with myself as I read super slowly in portuguese. But itll be worth it!

I love serving people. It is the greatest thing ever. I think if I were not livin the dream here on a mish, I would go to the airport with my family and sing some songs and share some treats with those waitin for flights, those who arent with their families just yet. Im not sure why, but i have a strong desire to do that!Brighten the days of those travelers! Well this week has been good, I am super grateful for the letters!

I still need an address for G and G L. I love you all! My great families, and my great friends too! Have a great week!

Livin the dream,

Elder Jake!

PS - I might not write next tuesday, because I received my visa friday :) I'll be flyin to Sao Paulo, Have a nice week!