Hey Wonderful People!
Things are going great here in Cluj Napoca and in the zone of Transilvania. My companion and I were talking the other day how much little we little we knew about Romania before our missions, only the words Transilvania and Dracula. And know we are the two that are in charge of the whole Transilvania zone! It was fun reminiscing a little.
Ok, so this last week was super good! The work is going really well and not just for us, but for the whole zone. Numbers aren't the most important thing, but they are a good indicator of how everything is going and our zone had the best numbers this week out of the 2+ transfers I've been here as zone leader. Everyone is taking their goals seriously and stretching themselves to meet them. It's really cool. And the zone has a batismal date now! The sisters here in Cluj have an investigator named Raluca. She is 25ish and has two kids(and a third that lives in the countryside with her mom) and has been to church 5 times in a row now. She is way cool and is already integrated into the branch.
Elder Bringhurst and I were really happy that we had 7 investigators at church yesterday. We met this super cool lady last Sunday and she is really sensitive to the Spirit. We met her yesterday morning and went with her to church. She stayed all three hours and then travelled home with Sora Pacurar, because they live pretty close. It was sweet. The other investigators were the 4 Militarus(a miracle, because they were going to be gone fishing), Alex and Ionut.
We also found a really cool guy named Ciprian. Actually, Elder Jepsen and Elder Bringhurst found him. We had exchanges with the APs on Tuesday which went really well. Anyway, we went back to Ciprian with Cosmin and it was really good. Ciprian is out of work right now, but he's looking hard and he's not poor, he owns a car. He is also really trying to quit smoking right now. It seems like the Lord has really prepared him.
Last week we made a good portion of that movie and it turned out really well. We have a last scene to do today and then we'll start editing. Oh, and the Hakes' computer is working now so hopefully I can send you the rest of that missionary movie soon. It depends on how long the last scene of the movie takes. We'll see.
It's way hard to believe that President and Sora Ashby are leaving soon. President is a great guy and he showed a lot of trust in us missionaries. He also was really good at motivating us. Other things he does well are that he's super organized and always has a plan. He has a pretty sweet sense of humor, too. Sora Ashby is just one of the nicest people in the world. She's super caring. We'll miss them, but I'm sure that the new President and his wife are going to be great, too.
Yeah, I'm going to burn a pair of pants, I think, for the 18-month mark. They are in ok shape, but they are over a year old and they were less than $20. I've been wanting to get a new pair soon anyway. It'll be sweet. I'll take some good pictures.
Well, everyone, I hope the upcoming week is great for all and that everyone is loving life. You guys are great! I love you!
Elder Ross