Saturday, June 14, 2008

Things are going great!

Hey Everyone Back Home!

Things are going great here. We received the transfer fax(that's how it will be from now on, not a phone call) last night. Elder Bringhurst and I are staying together! I'm so glad, especially that I get to stay in Cluj. Of course, I'm way glad to be with Elder Bringhurst again. It's going to be a great transfer. Both Sora Thompson and Elder De Guzman are transferred from the district and they are both going to Chisinau in Moldova. I'm way excited for them, it's a sweet place. Elder Smith will be Elder Divis' companion and he is a stud. He was in my zone when I was in Buch. Sora Runyan is getting a mini this transfer, a girl from Sector 2 in Buch. I don't know anything about her.

Out of Oradea, Elder Anderson and Sora Ertel are transferred, the former to Pitesti and the latter to Ploiesti. In Elder Anderson's place, Elder Eyre is getting a boboc. The sister heading up there is Sora Canon, who I know absolutely nothing about. In any case, I'm sure our zone is going to be way tight again.

The last week was pretty good. Not a ton of stuff that went on. We had a pretty good activity on Saturday. I sent you part of a film that Elder Bringhurst and I made to illustrate the importance of missionary work. It took a bit of planning and because of that, we didn't have quite as much time for contacting. But it was way worth it, because it seemed that the members really liked the activity, especially the movie, and they learned how to be better member missionaries.

This week we also made district lunch for everyone. It was a huge hit! My companion made enchiladas(super good!) and I made banana bread and then took leftover frosting from Sora Hake's carrot cake and put it on top. The district must have loved it, because they ate it all. To answer your question, no I don't really cook much at all, lol. I'm still a sandwich maker or sometimes eggs and sausage. We do eat at the Hakes twice a week and those are always great meals so I don't feel much need to eat anything extravagant the rest of the week.

Our investigators are doing well. The Militarus missed church because they had a few day fishing trip. Alex is doing really well, though. We had an awesome lesson with about testimonies and growing his and sharing it with his mom. We are probably going to give him a baptismal date the next time we go. His grandma is way sure that he is ready, too. And this last week the sisters had a lesson with Sora Pacurar and talked to her about maintaining love in the home and raising Alex in such a way. I can't remember if I told you, but in the past when we've gone over there, she would rip into Alex, telling him he always did this, or always compained about that. Anyway, the sisters' lesson made a huge difference!! It is incredible. She still told him when he could do things better, but she did it in such a better way and she built him up a lot more. It was so cool to me, the Spirit was amazingly strong. Alex is getting baptized for sure this transfer.

Thanks for the updates on all the many happenings this week. E and S are amazing for winning frogs. Congrats! You guys have to teach me when I get back. It's one of the goals I have, to become a lot more proficient when I get home. I love the piano, but we only have keyboards here, and of course, I don't really have much time even to practice on those. I'm almost back up to hymn level skills again, though. Jake, good work on everything, seminary, high school, singing, etc. You're a stud.

Yeah, I'm still working out every morning. I'm glad to hear that it is paying off. I feel like I'm getting a lot stronger, but it's hard to see my own progress. I've got to get in top shape for all the ladies when I get home.

Well, I don't have a ton of news this week. We're going to Buch on Thursday for mission council. It's weird because it will be the last time I see President and Sora Ashby. We wanted to fly down, but the tickets are too expensive if you don't either get lucky or buy them enough in advance. So it's the 9 hour train ride, instead of the 40-minute flight. What can you do. Well, have a great week everyone. I love you!

Elder Ross