Hey Everyone!
That's pretty exciting that you guys get to be at a family reunion. I'm sure it will be a blast for you. Life here in Cluj isn't too exciting right now to be honest. This last week was kind of a low, a lot of things not working out and not too many people coming to church. One of the new investigators we were working with went home for summer vacation and isn't back until October. A lot of things are going to slow down pretty quickly in that Cluj's population is cut in half as all the students go home.
Church wasn't super great, mostly because there were so few investigators. Last week our district had 13 investigators and this week we had 2! Of our 7, only Alex was there yesterday. I have no idea where Ionut and the Militaru's were and Doamna Mocean said she wouldn't be able to make it this week.
The week of missionary work wasn't that great, either. We didn't have a ton of lessons and stuff just went a lot slower it seemed. We did have to spend big chunks of two days making the English fliers that we'll be giving out in a couple of weeks and that hurt us. My best day was actually Saturday when I was in Oradea on exchange with Elder Manzione. We worked pretty hard, had 6 lessons and actually found this guy that is a former investigator that wants to learn more and to come to church. He's a young father and he has a bling house. Hopefully everything goes well with him.
Elder Bringhurst and I did find one really cool new investigator this week. It was sweet because it was at the end of the night and we just finished with a lesson and it was like 8:20. We totally could have gone home and that would have been normal. But I said, hey let's try one more scara(part of a bloc with about 10 apartments). On the very 1st door we knocked, this really cool girl, 28 years old, let us in and we had a way quality lesson with her. She's really open and really wanted to read the Book of Mormon so we went back the next night and gave her one and had another good lesson, talking about prayer and how she can get an answer from God. This week we'll go over with the sisters and then they will start working with her. Needless to say she is actually super attractive. I really hope she continues to progress. She could be golden.
Well, the week is over and a new week has started. It really is a new beginning of sorts, especially with a new mission president. The office elders told me that President Lundberg is a really cool guy and that they are excited for what is following. We're going to work hard and try to make this a great week.
Raluca's baptism is on the 14th of July. I have no idea who will baptize her. Probably one of the members. That is always the best anyway. As district leader, Elder Divis will do the baptismal interview.
Well, too be honest, I don't have much to write. It was a really boring week. No great updates at all. Thanks for those way funny stories about J and his phone. That made me laugh. I hope you all have a great time at the reunion. I will try to send the rest of the missionary video. I'm not sure we'll have time, because today is Elder Smith's birthday and we're all kind of doing what he wants. I think we might have some time to get over to the Hakes' and send it, though. We'll see.
I love you guys. Have an amazing week! I love you!
Elder Ross