Thursday, March 6, 2008

A really good week

Good Morning All!

This week went by with record speed and I don't understand how, because I am sure just a couple days ago my district and I were getting pumped up for the best transfer ever and it is getting near to a close. Anywho, it was a really good week and my companion and I worked really hard.

On Wednesday we had zone conference, which was amazingly good. The zone leaders did the most planned, put together presentation that I have ever seen. There was a lot of talk on becoming more effective, using time more wisely and lot of good missionary how-to, from their presentation and from the other ones. It was a good day and pumped me up a bit.

Thursday, my companion had his birthday. I talked to Elder Valentine about doing a surprise party for him and that we would have a "district meeting" at a certain time. So we go to the church and our whole district is there(except for Elder Valentine) and the whole other distrist on our side of Buch was there, too, and every single one of them thought we really were having district meeting, because that is what Elder Valentine told them. So it was like the worst surprise ever, at least we had brownies and then later the sisters brought out a cake. It ended being pretty fun, but it sure didn't start out right. Lol, I have no idea what Elder Valentine was thinking. It was supposed to be a surprise for my companion not for everyone else. He did show up later and with some soda.

Our investigators are doing pretty well. Victor is all set to go for his baptism this next Sunday, he is pretty excited about it. We asked him who he wanted to baptize him and he couldn't decide. He was like, maybe Elder Mielke because he is more my height, but maybe Elder L, because it would look good getting baptized by somebody taller, haha. He makes me laugh. Relu was doing really well, but then he didn't come to church and he didn't answer last night or this morning. The same thing happened last weekend, that we couldn't get a hold of him for a couple days, so hopefully it works out and he is doing well.

The branch is still pretty interesting. We met with President Iachimov lachimov last Monday and it was super good. He is well aware of the problems here and basically the way that we can help is by meeting members and letting them feel the Holy Ghost. He taught us a lot more than we taught him and he gave us the idea of writing a 5 minute talk every morning making a scripture chain. I've been doing it and it is really effective and helps to know the scriptures a lot better. I try to focus on the Bible, because I know it the least.

In sacrament meeting, a member bore his testimony on how another member is possessed by the devil and that we all need to pray for her. So yeah, there are definitely still problems in the branch, many of them revolving around the membr that said that. After he said that, President Iachimov stood up and corrected it, which was really good.

I definitely do not get fed much here at all. It was better in Iasi and much better in Timisoara. It has been a downhill process, unfortunately. My apartment here is way nice, just because my companion and I have done so much cleaning. I really love it and it will be sad if I have to leave soon, because of all the hard work put in. There are a lot of differences between Buch and Iasi, but mostly with the language. People speak faster here for example. And generally, a lot more correct. They seem a little more closed off here, too, but of course there are friendly people everywhere. We found a couple new people that hopefully we can start teaching. I'll fill you in more next week as they progress.

Ok, well, it is an extremely beautiful day and I think I am going to go now. have a great week all!

Elder Ross