Hey Amazing Folks!
I haven't even know how to respond to all the news that I got from everyone, especially you, Mom. It is way good to hear from everyone, though, and please don't stop. :) My week was really good and went by really fast.
To start off, we had ZL/DL on Tuesday and it went really well. The Spirit was really strong and I think everyone got psyched for the transfer. The presentations that were done by everyone were super good, the best ones that I've ever seen in ZL/DL. The sisters from Oradea were there because Sora Peterson was at Mission Council with us. They had a way cool presentation on planning and a good activity, too. They made two teams, I was with Elder Armstrong. The other two were told ahead of time what was happening and had a couple minutes to plan. It was an obstacle course and the trick was that we were tied together like a 3 legged race and one of us was blind and the other was mute. At the end of the course, the blind person had to read the note. So Elder Armstrong and I had no planning whatsoever and I was the mute one. It was way fun. There was this table which I'm pretty sure we were supposed to go under, but Elder Armstrong wanted to climb it, so we did and then of course we had to jump off and when we did, the rug slid out and we wiped out. It was sweet. And I think we ruined their activity a little bit, because we won, lol. Overall, the meeting was great and the Spirit was definitely there.
Cluj is a lot different than Bucharest, that much is sure. The pace of life seems to be a little more laid back here. And I don't know if this is just the changes that I personally am going through, but I feel like there are so many people here that are prepared for the Gospel. Cluj is a pretty clean city and I think a pretty well-off one as well.
The branch here is pretty great, I love it a lot actually. There are a lot of young people and a couple young families as well. Because of them I know that the Church is going to do really well here in Cluj. Yesterday at church was pretty interesting because it got a little out of hand in the 3rd hour. Since it was the 5th Sunday everyone was combined. The 1st counselor talked about love and the commandment Jesus gave His apostles. That part was really good. But then he put in a movie that definitely is not made by the Church. The actor that was as Jesus did not do it well at well. He was proud and condescending. The Spirit left when that movie was in, it's something we all felt. Elder Armstrong went and sat by the branch president and explained it to him, because he wasn't doing anything. He turned it off. Then President Condurachi(the branch president) spoke about God's nature and the role of Satan and he actually taught a decent amount of false doctrine, after telling everyone that this is the Church's doctrine. So Elder Armstrong is going to be meeting with him and talking to him about that. Other than that, the branch is so cool. The leadership is too, just a little off course. I am in love with the people here already.
It was a little trial of faith yesterday, that only one investigator came to church, Alex the 11 year old. But everyone is doing well. We had a lesson with Catalin and Ionut last night at the Hakes' place. It was really good. Ionut is really solid and his parents have given him permission, his dad was even happy for him, to get baptized. He hasn't set a date yet, because he wants to talk to his parents and have a date that works for them so they can go. It will be really soon, hopefully in two weeks.Catalin is having some doubts. His mom got back from Italy and she is planting these little seeds of evil in his head, saying that maybe he isn't totally ready yet, that he should wait. He will get baptized soon, but I don't know if it will be the 6th. In any case, it will be in the month of April.
We met with the Militarus this week. They are the coolest family ever. We have some ideas of building a better relationship with the father, but mostly we are dependant on the Lord. We don't know how they will get baptized just that they will. We fasted for them and for Ionut and Catalin on Saturday to Sunday. It was good. I love that family, a miracle will happen. They've been investigators long enough(3 years).
Wow, that is so nuts that we belong to a different ward now. It will be weird to give my talk there, but I have no doubt there are amazing people there as well. I'm sure you guys felt some emotions in that meeting, I know I would have.
Oh, to answer your question. In order to have time for the gym, my companion and I get up at 6 every morning and start our studies then. We finish studies by 9(and with a little time to eat something) and go to the gym from 9 to 9:45. Then we come back, shower and change and are out the door at 10:30. It's a busy morning but I love it. Working out is so amazing.
By the way, I am in need of a new journal pretty soon, mine now is getting close to its end. Oh, and a few weeks ago, two maybe, I sent a box home that has a ton of books in it. I did that so I don't have to carry them around when I'm transferred. Just so you know what that is.
Man, as a ZL I feel like I have so much less time and so much more to do. Life is busy. For example, last week we didn't have a full weekly planning meeting and this week we started like an hour late, but we kept getting phone calls and also had to do the Captain's report. I love it, though, being so busy and really working hard. Plus, we have a super nice, bling cell phone, haha.
I have a question for you, Dad. I never heard a lot about you on your mission. What kinds of experiences you had, what kinds of responsabilities you had. Were you a district leader? Do you ever train? I would really love to hear all that stuff, Dad. I have no doubt that you were an incredible missionary and were really diligent but other than that, I don't know a lot.
Well, I should go. I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!
Elder Ross