Monday, February 25, 2008

February is Flying

Hey Everyone!

I don't know how much I have to write, but we will see. I really can't believe that February is almost over. Time goes ridiculously fast. It feels like yesterday when I was writing you about my first full week in Buch.

I think things are going better here now and are starting to turn around. I'll start by talking about our investigators. Victor is doing really well. We had a lesson with him and President Iachimov on Thursday and it went really well. President Iachimov is the man, he impresses me with his teaching and he was a big help with that lesson. So Victor is still on for the 9th of March. Oh, and Iachimov talked to him and he has gotten a calling to be the pianist for church.He'll start next week.

Relu is doing super well. We have had a couple lessons with him in the last week. The first one my companion and Elder Fitzgerald did, on an exchange. They were going to take a member present, Fratele Ponoran but they forgot to pick him up. They told me it was kind of a weird lesson with him, but when Elder Mielke and I went on Thursday we had a super good lesson, talking about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He totally agreed with it and so I asked him if he was willing to follow those steps. He said yeah and so then we talked about baptism and he accepted a date for March 23. He really wants to learn more and he told us he also wants to meet more people from the church. Perfect, we'll find a way to fit that in ; )

So the investigators we have are doing really well, but unfortunately they are the only two investigators that we have right now. We are definitely trying to find more, though. I think this week will be a really good one. We have zone conference on Wednesday, too.

Church was better than last week, though there were less people, 49, and last week it was 61 or something. It feels like way less, because the chapel is so big and everyone is spread out, but that's what the count was. Priesthood went a little better, sunday school was a little crazy, but that is because of a certain two guys. I'm really trying to work on charity and fight this growing dislike that I have for one of them in particular. If he wasn't a member, I would have no problem kicking him out. Anyway, I think it was better. After the block, we had a branch council meeting, which was really good. At first Iachimov wasn't there and it was a little chaotic, but when he came back there was a lot more order. He really has a presence and he takes good care of this branch, where he is very underappreciated by the members. This branch, by the way, has one main problem, pride. It leads to disunity, a lot of gossip and judging of others. It's pretty lame. Anywho, one thing I really liked was that Iachimov went through and made a list of everyone that wasn't at church and gave out some assignments to contact those people.

We had a mass fast with a few investigators this week, Victor, Ovidiu and Doina. There were supposed to be a couple others but they didn't show. Anyway, it was for those preparing for baptism. There are 4 baptismal dates in this district, which is way more than any other district I've been in. Elder Fitzgerald was talking to me on the phone one night, and was like, yeah, before I got here to Buch I heard it was really rough, but Buch is super bling! It's really cool, and we are all doing are best to make Buch the place to be in the mission.

Anything to go in a package huh? I could use a few more white short sleeve shirts. Other than that I think I am pretty good. A few more black ankle socks would be nice. Oh and my suits are doing alright, they are getting worn but they will last. A little bit before I come home, though, I want to get a new European tailored suit. It would be pretty hot! Pleatless pants and all. Just so you know, that is a goal I have.

Man, my workouts are working so well, it is ridiculous. I am like the most cut I have ever been and most of it is the Perfect Pushups. I would really love to get my own set seeing as I won't be with Elder Mielke forever. My batman abs workout is doing its part, too. I am going to come home looking super cut if I keep this up. Which I will because it works so well and I love the results. Just thought you should know, lol.

Ok, well, not too many newities, district meeting was good. We're all working hard. My companion is doing well. He actually angers really easily which presents problems now and then, but other than that we get along really well and I could easily do another transfer with him and have fun. I hope you all have a great week. I love you!

--Elder Ross

P.S. thanks for the update on Josh, it's so good to hear he is all ready to serve the Lord.