Greetings All!
So the news is in and we know who is transferred. Nothing too exciting, just the predictable. I am transferred and my companion is staying. Elder Middleton is going home and Elder Stroud is staying. I definitely have mixed feelings about leaving this city and branch. Sadness, because I've been here so long and gotten to love the people so much. But I'm also excited to go to a new city and meet new people and fall in love with them. I'm pretty anxious to see where I go.
I know what I'll be, though. Because all of the zone leaders have to be in Bucharest today, I know that I am not a zone leader, so whereever I go, it will be as a district leader again. But it was really cool, because everyone in my district, when we made our transfer predictions, thought that I was going zone leader. And then Elder Magleby called me asking for something and he was really surprised that I didn't go zone leader. It's really nice to have the confidence of all those people. Whenever I go zone leader, it's all in the Lord's time, and it will be when it's best.
Well, Elder Middleton is "dead", as we say. He's going home. The last couple weeks of this transfer have been a little trunky with him going home, lol, but it's been fun. We've been working hard, too. Still, a lot of our investigators haven't been meeting with us. It's lame, because I don't have a picture of either Alis or Alina and they've both dropped off the face of the earth. Speaking of pictures, I put a bunch of pictures on snapfish. Do those go on the blog, too? I want other people to be able to see them, too, like the BYU girls for example.
That's way sweet about J and getting the opportunity to play for BYU. I'm way excited that he is going there. Sounds like singing group is doing really well, too. I can't wait to see a video of some of that, or of your singing of Love Potion Number 9. No, I haven't been able to see the service for President Hinckley, but we'll get it in Romanian soon and then I'll be able to. It's great that my language has reached a point that I'll understand it no problem. I can't wait. Yeah, I feel the exact same about Gordon B. Hinckley, that I don't remember another prophet growing up. He'll always be my favorite(if you can have a favorite prophet, haha), but I'm sure he is so happy now, with his wife and family. Truly a great man.
Ok, I don't really have a lot to write. We did a lot of contacting and met some really cool people that hopefully become investigators, even if i'm not here. Man, it's going to be way hard to pack. I've been here for 4 transfers and with each transfer more and more stuff has come out of my suitcases. I've become quite accustomed to my life here, lol, but it's time to move on. Next week, I'll tell you where I am, who my companion is and what kind of investigator pool and branch I've got to work with. I'll also tell you my address, so that you can send me some handwritten letters straight to me :) That would be amazing(hint, hint).
Alright, sorry for the lame email, but next week's should be exciting and my pictures this week should make up for my lack of email. Well, I'm signing off. You guys are the best. I love you all and have an amazing week!
-- Elder Ross