Hey Everyone!
It's been a pretty good week, definitely a different one with Christmas and its three days of partying. Basically, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we watched some movies, hung out with some members and had some meals. The whole time I went without shaving : ) and for the first time in over a year I went over 24 hours without wearing a shirt and tie. But I'm definitely glad the holidays are almost over. Just today and tomorrow and things will be back to normal. Well, not true, Wednesday I'm in Chisinau for ZL/DL, but after that regular missionary work is back!
I'm kind of movied out. On Monday, Christmas Eve, we went over to the Wrights and they fed us a good meal. I didn't get food poisoned this time :) After that we went and hung out with Narcis and his mom Cristina. We watched a couple movies with them. Oh man, she brought us this nasty milk/yogurt thing and we couldn't drink it. Elder Dabling managed to get half of it down, Elder Middleton said he was allergic and I went to the bathroom and poured it all down the toilet. Elder Hardman just left his where she put it and didn't even try. It was a good time, though.
On Christmas we went to Sora Genoveva's and she fed us a really good meal. It wasn't as good as the one that she gave to us and the BYU girls, though. That one remains my favorite. Then I talked to my wonderful family on the phone. It was really awesome to talk to everyone.
Oh, whoops, you're probably wondering who my new companion is. Ok, it's Elder Bennett. He was actually Elder Harman's companion in the MTC. He's a way cool guy, about a year older than me. He played two years of college baseball so he has an Associate's. It should be a really good transfer. He doesn't speak too well, so I'll do what I can to help him out. Elder Stroud is the new zone leader. He was in the MTC for 3 weeks with me, he's in the group ahead of me.
He's a really good missionary, but isn't a great speaker, so Elder Middleton and I remain the strong speakers in Iasi. Elder Dabling was a really good speaker but now he's gone. I think I have improved a lot lately, though, and hopefully keep on getting better. In the blocs, I get a lot more people now that think I am german or italian than think that I'm american. It's pretty sweet, because it means I'm speaking a lot better and my accent is better. Someone thought I was french, too, last night. That's one of the funnest parts of bloc knocking, hearing people guess where I'm from, haha. We've gone to the blocs the last two nights and it's been a lot of fun actually. We've met really cool people and had a lot of lessons. We've found a couple new investigators, too.
Other than that, we haven't been able to do a lot of missionary work. We haven't been able to meet with any investigators, because of the holidays, except for Gianina. We had a way good lesson with her after church. Church was good, btw, and Aurelia came this week. Anyway, Gianina is doing really well and is pretty much ready for baptism. The one thing she's not sure on is if there is a living prophet so I gave her a general conference ensign and she is going to read some talks by Gordon B. Hinckley and pray about it. She'll be ready, it's only 6 days away, woohoo! She will be baptized by Elder Wright, which will cool, because I don't think he's baptized anyone in the time that he has been here and it will be great that he can do that right before he goes home.
Man, I'm not having luck with my camera lately. The screen went out on it so that it just shows white now. Luckily, it has a warranty so I'm going to take it back after the holidays and get a new one. I really hope that works out, otherwise, well, that would be bad. I can still send pics, so I'm going to attach a few now....nevermind, it's not working. lame. Sorry!
Well, I think that sums it up. Please ask questions if you have them. I love you guys! Have a good one
--Elder Ross