Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Feeling better but work's a bit slow

Hey Everyone!
There's not a ton to report back this week. It didn't feel like we did very much, even though we worked hard every day. Attendance at church was really poor. Maybe 20 people, max. And we only had one investigator(Genina who won't even have lessons with us) at church when our goal was seven. We didn't meet a lot of our goals actually. It was kind of a disappointing week, but I still have fresh in mind the blessings that come from working hard and I have faith that those will return, even if it's not in the way I expect or with the people I expect.

The family we have been working with is not doing very well. They bunged us and I think they are losing interest. Our next lesson is going to be really important, because we need to really hit them with the Spirit and show them how this church will bless their lives like never before. We are definitely praying a lot for them.

But we have had some good lessons, too. Our last lesson with Alina was really good and she really loved the plan of salvation. We teach it in two parts and after we finished the first part, she told us she didn't want us to go, because she wanted to learn the rest. We didn't have time, but we'll go back probably Wednesday and hopefully bring Alie, one of the BYU girls. We still have a lot of investigators and it makes it so our numbers are worse, but I could care less. Like, a lesson with a progressing investigator that lasts 45 minutes and maybe takes a while to travel to is worth the same as a 5 minute lesson on the street. It's kind of lame, because I had really good numbers with Elder Platt, but it really is all about the people and that's something I'm learning. The numbers are important but I love the people I work with, and helping them progress in the gospel is definitely more important.

Yeah, I am 100% healthy now. Mom, you are exactly right, I wished you could have helped me, too. When I was at the activity Friday before last, when i was sick and told the byu girls that, " I want my mom." They pitied me, lol.

Speaking of byu girls and being sick, Danielle has been really sick for a while now. Since she's been here, we've become really good friends and I was able to give her a blessing yesterday. It was so cool, because the Spirit was so strong and I could feel it work through me to bless her. My companion said he felt like everything I said was exactly what needed to be said. I am super grateful and humbled that I had this great experience. She'll be better soon, I have no doubt.

Hmm, about my apartment here in Iasi. Well, it's better than my one in Timisoara, but only slightly. I guess I just get the dumpier apartments. We keep it pretty clean, except for right now. My companion made a breakfast cake and then I made banana bread, so it's kinda messy right now. I do have a good shower now and I'm very grateful for that.

It sounds like everyone is doing really well, as always. Dad gave a great talk and will be a great high counselor, Mom is doing great with balancing everything like only a mom can do, J dominated his football game, S defeated the undefeated in a vicious game of volleyball, E played some soccer and is going to talk about me(extra presents for you!), A is watching movies and loving life(my favorite color is red), and W is just a champion of men.

Well, everyone, I love you all! Have an incredible week. Hopefully I have one, too. We're sure going to work hard. Love you!

--Elder Ross