Monday, October 29, 2007

Better Week

Hey Everyone!

This week has been pretty good. We've started handing out English fliers for the upcoming sign-ups. This week has also probably been my fastest ever. It feels like I was sitting here writing you just yesterday.
I agree, Casper was a very good cat. It's sad that he is gone, he definitely was as good as any watch dog. But it is good that he isn't suffering anymore. It also provided a great chance for you guys to talk about the plan of salvation. I'm sure I've told you before, but the plan of salvation is my favorite to teach and all the gospel can be understood and related to that great plan.

Friday night we had a Halloween party. It went really well. There were over 40 people there, more than we've had at church since I've been here. There were lots of games and activities, including a pie(more of a brownie with whipped cream) eating contest. I absolutely dominated that competition, devouring my piece in 10 seconds flat. I have it on my camera even, though video is pretty poor on it. Yeah, it probably would be easier for me to buy a camera here. Just tell me when and how much I have and hopefully I can get a pretty good quality camera. And money for Christmas, I don't know that I need too much. An extra $20 this next month should be fine. I already have a lot of the stuff.

So the family we are teaching isn't doing very well. I don't really know why, they just aren't very interested and it's impossile to talk with them consistently because their phone doesn't work a lot of the time. But the work overall is going really well. We had 4 investigators at church. Adriana, who continues to progress and study tons, marking up her scriptures and writing down all her questions; Alis, a girl I hadn't even met but was able to come to the activity and to church. She connected pretty well with Cristina, one of the byu girls; Genina, no progress with her, she doesn't want to meet with us; Nicu's son, I really hope to work with him and it would be amazing to see Nicu be able to baptize him. He's 10 years old. He really liked the halloween activity and I guess asked Nicu to be able to go to church yesterday. How sweet is that! So we have a lot of cool people to work with, along with getting out the rest of the english fliers. We still have about 3000 to pass out. Should be a good week.

I never told you guys but not last week but the week before we had zone conference. It went really well and I learned a ton, as always. Also, district meetings have been going pretty well. I'm not a huge fan of sitting in front of my district and talking for 30+ minutes, but they've gone well. I don't really have to worry about my district. My companionship, the Wrights and the zone leaders.

Ok, now we're talking...things you can send me for Christmas! I have a few things in mind. One is more book of mormon characters. I gave my Ammon to David(the little boy in that family) and then had his mom read him the story. It was just a little thing, but he loved it! So that would be sweet. Also, we have sport every saturday and it's starting to get cold. I would love a pair of long soccer socks, or a couple pairs,black is best. Also Christmas music would be amazing. I love Christmas music and so yeah, send me some. I still haven't been able to put music on my ipod. It's way lame. For some reason, it won't register on the computers. Is it a different cord that I need? Like, when I plug it into a computer, it just charges the battery. And if I do get to work, how do I put more music on? What program?

Speaking of music, Nicu finished a cd he's been working on and brought a copy for everyone at church on Sunday. It has 12 hymns(our church's hymns, to be clear) and it is super good. He doesn't want to make any money off of it either. He wants to donate all of the money the CD makes and give it to the church. Amazing, huh! He is such a stud.

Sounds like it was an interesting week for you guys. Casper died and J joined the dance team. Jk, that sounds like that will be pretty sweet for you, J. Just remember who you are and be strong. Well, I am going to sign off now. I'm sending some pictures, too. I hope you enjoy them. Maybe next week I'll have one with a thumbs up for W. I love you all!
--Elder Ross

P.S. I haven't forgotten about a penpal for you S. Hopefully I'll have one for you soon.