Hey Everyone,
This has been a pretty decent week. Because of zone conference and travel times, we didn't get as much done, but that's alright. We have spent some time both in the blocs and on the streets contacting. On the street, it is different with everyone person. Sometimes I try to talk about any number of gospel topics(having more joy and direction in life, the Book of Mormon, a prophet today, etc) or talk about Outreach or about english courses. We've had some success, too.
On Saturday, we decided to street contact in between our english classes, which we've never done before. We ended up meeting a guy, talked to him for a little bit, showed him the church and then he came the next day and stayed all 3 hours of services! We're meeting him tonight and giving him a book of mormon. Then yesterday on our way to the blocs, a guy stopped us. At first I thought he was just saying crap to us because he didn't talk until we were almost past him(a lot of people make fun of us and swear at us) and I almost kept walking, but for some reason, well, probably the Spirit, I stopped. We talked to him for a little bit, then went with him to his house. He has a beautiful family; a wife and three kids. That is rare! The lesson went really well and he really wants to bring his whole family to church! I'm super excited! We're going to meet with them probably Thursday and give them a Book of Mormon. Then the last door we knocked last night, a guy opened the and said he was really busy, but really wanted to meet with us. So we gave him a pamphlet and got his number and info and he has 3 or 4 kids too! Craziness. So we have a lot of people we could really work out. Oh and on our way home last night 8 people contacted us! I don't know why, but yesterday was blessed.
Ok, my companion, Elder Platt. He's 19, hasn't gone to college yet, a huge paintballer. He actually did a ton of tournaments and made about $13,000 in the last season. Nuts, huh? He's a good guy, very willing to do the work and cares about the people. The senior couple here is pretty cool. They feed us once a week, too.
The branch leaders are great, especially the branch president, Popovici and the branch mission leader, Petru. They are way funny, especially when they make fun of each other. This is a pretty good branch, it functions well. I didn't have to do any translating this last Sunday, but I wish I could have. I helped Sora Rapley, though, when she did it in Sunday School.
Man, what studs! A and W scoring goals and E being a brick wall! That's way impressive. What athletes! And Aaron passed the bar, that is impressive. I'm sure that is a really nice relief after a lot of hard work! Man, a transcript release, huh? That's sweet that a couple of colleges are looking at J. That's sweet!
Dang, I can't believe Dane is coming home! It doesn't seem that long ago since he left. Of course I still feel like I've only been out a couple of months tops. Tell him hi for me. He was always a great example for me.
Thanks for the emails J and S! That prank was hilarious, haha. Can you send me the video?! [Ask J or email us and when we get it on a site, we will send the link.] That would be sweet! Sounds like things are going good, S. That's the perfect attitude for sports. Just have fun and get better and don't be too serious. And that was a really good poem. I liked it a lot! Can't wait to hear more from you guys.
Thanks a ton, Mom! You are amazing! I love you!
Thanks everyone for all that you do and all of your support. I am a super lucky guy and I have a way awesome life. I can't complain. This next week, Elder Platt and I are calling Bomb Week or Week of Miracles. We're going to tear it up hardcore. I hope you all have a great week, too. I love you all!
--Elder Ross