Hey Wonderful People!
This last week was amazing! It was a week set apart by our zone leaders in which to work extra hard and get done all that we possible could. They called it "Ninja Turtle Week." We had a lot of success and it was shown in our weekly numbers. Even though numbers aren't the important thing, people are, it was good to make almost all of our goals(which we had set really high) and come really close on the others.
We are teaching the coolest family in the whole world!! The family of the guy that stopped us last night. This week we tried to go back on Friday and we met him, but he had an emergency at work and had to leave. He told us to go and talk to his wife, but when we went there she was the only one home and so we couldn't have a lesson, because of the rules with that. But the kids were all outside the bloc playing and we talked to them for a while. Then yesterday morning we went to their house and went with them to church. Btw, the husband and wife are Sebastian and Monica and the kids are David, Tina and Andrada. Almost right away David grabbed my hand and held it all the way to the church. Then Tina grabbed my other hand. Elder Wright said it was a really cool scene to look out the window and see us walking up with this great family, while we're all holding hands. They only stayed for the first hour, but they really enjoyed it. The kids loved it too and as soon as they got home, Monica told me later, they asked when they were going to go again. Then last night we had a really good lesson with them, and one of Sebastian's friends, and gave them a Book of Mormon. It was so cool, they are a bomb family! President Popovici gave them a personal invitation to a branch picnic this Saturday and they really want to come. I'm sooo excited! It was the perfect end to a really great week!
And guess what?!? Gabriella got baptized yesterday!! Woohoo! Elder Woodhouse called me Saturday night and told me, then I called Gabriella last night. She is incredible, it was good to talk to her. Sounds like Timisoara is doing really good. A younger girl got baptized, too, Didona. I don't know if I ever wrote anything about her. It's great to see the work progressing. I think all of Romania might be getting close to breaking out. A lot of places are starting to pick up.
Not a whole lot else happened, we just worked hard. English is pretty good. I invited some of our students to our sport activity and four of them came. That was pretty sweet. We played capture the flag, except that you don't tag people. Everyone has a ball with flour(cut-up nylons with flour in them) and you're out when someone hits you. It was way fun and we had about 20 people there. That's a really good turnout.
Man, this transfer has gone by so fast! Next week we get transfer calls. I really have no idea what will happen. I'm really hoping that I stay here. It could be me or Elder Platt or we could stay together for another one. Or I could train or I could go District Leader or I could stay normal senior. It's crazy, either a lot could happen or absolutely nothing could happen. We'll find out next week.
Whoa, that's crazy about J's leg. I hope it gets better soon. That's cool that more colleges are starting to pay attention. Keep me updated.
I won't lie, as my mission has gone along, it has been harder and harder to write good emails. Sorry! It seriously feels like I'm always here at internet writing letters, like all the weeks blend. It's hard to have the motivation to write well. Hope I do alright. Thanks a lot for the updates on the family, from Mom's work, J's football, the little kids' soccer, S's activities, Dad's working hard, everything.
Oh, thanks for asking. I am good on clothes and socks. Just g's. My church shoes(normal shoes for me) are doing alright. My pday shoes are pretty worn, but it'll be a lot easier to get a pair here. Ok, I'm done, I need to go now.
You guys are awesome! I love you all! Have a great one!
-- Elder Ross