Monday, September 3, 2007

Ok, ok, sorry! I forgot to tell you my new address. [Contact me!] I look forward to getting letters!!!

And I got the package! [A package brought to Romania by friends, which included his birthday present.] Thank you, it had a lot of things I needed. And thanks for the present....it wasn't wrapped separately so I saw it when I opened the box. Whoops! Well, now that I know what it is, I may as well use it. Thanks a lot! It's really nice. The one problem is that I don't know how to put more music on it.

Well, hope everyone had a great last week. It seems like it. Mine was really good. We are starting to learn the city and more importantly to know the members and investigators a lot better. I am really starting to fall in love with these people. I think a lot of it is because I'm senior now and I'm the main person they talk to and that understands them. It's awesome! I can't believe, either, how fast this week went. It seriously feels like I was here writing you yesterday. Time goes sooo fast! And today is my 8th month mark, craziness! I just started my mission and it is 1/3 over already! That is a way weird thought to me.

Well, we have a lot of English here in Iasi. Elder Platt and I have 3 classes on Saturday and another one on Tuesday. And people actually come! It runs a lot better here than in Timisoara. Teaching classes is great, I really like to have fun with my classes and joke around with them.

I've learned a couple things about myself since this transfer started. One is that I am just super laid back. Like I didn't stress out when I went senior and when stuff happens, I just think, well, if I can't do anything about it, why worry. I'd like to think that I work hard, but I also know how to have fun, just like President Trone(i think it was him) said. The other thing is that I am just really easy to get along with and I get along really easily with others. I was talking to Elder Magleby last night about all the companions I've had and he pointed that out to me, like it seems like I just get along with others. I never really thought about that before. Pretty cool, lol.

Dad- Thanks for the sport update, with the high school and with BYU. I look forward to hearing about both throughout the season. Thanks for always being such a good example,Dad. I love you- You have your priorities so straight and you know what needs to be done and you do it. I think diligence is one of many things you've really taught me. I love you.

Mom- Thanks for your support. I really am loving being senior. I dreaded it at first, but now I love it. It brings a lot of new opportunities to grow. I went from Timisoara, where all the missionaries spoke really well and I was on the lower end, but now I realize that I know the language well,we all did in Timisoara, and they pushed me to grow. Now I'm in Iasi and I speak better than everyone, except for Sora Beck. I really am not trying to brag, but I love how the Lord put me in the best situation so that I could grow. I worked really hard at the language(still do, of course) in Timisoara because I wanted to be at the same level as the others and I've been really blessed. Man, it's awesome! Anyway, thanks for always being amazing, Mom. It's true, boys don't realize how great their moms are until they are away from them, out of the house. Hopefully I didn't cause you too many problems at home! ; ) I love you!

J - Yeah, you stud! Sounds like you just ran all over the field, doing whatever you wanted. That's way tight about the radio interview, too. I'm not surprised your talk was super good. I bet it was sweet and that is a really cool quote. Nice! More than one pair of pants. Glad to hear you've stepped it up this year, lol. Don't forget to dominate at school, too.

S - Aww, and you are an amazing sister, lol. I'm sure that's gotta be nice to not have to babysit the kids as much now with school starting. Call me a nerd, but I miss school. It was great to be back in college, but of course I'm glad I'm not there now. Good luck with it1!

E - That is a sweet comment! "Well, I pretty much dominated in marbles." Haha. I love you, E.
You are a champion. Have fun dominating soccer, too!

A - Hey, are you excited for school? Sounds like you got a sweet shirt. [It says "My brother drives me bananas."] Do I drive you bananas, too? Are you excited to be in the same class as A? You two can terrorize class together! Jk! Have fun and learn lots!

W - Hey buddy, happy birthday!! Are you 5 now? That's sweet, a whole hand! Ok, just kidding, you're 7 now! Man, you're big! Are you as tall as me yet? I'm glad you got a bunch of sweet presents. And good bunch not forgetting the missionaries. They love to be included in things like that. Have a great week, stud!

Those distribution items sound like some good things to send around the holidays. Not the Book of Mormon stories, though, because those(and New T and Old T and D&C) are available here.

That's really cool that you had K over and got to see pictures of the city and the members.

Oh, and tell P I will write him letter really quick, in the next couple of days. Good to hear he's way close to sending in his papers. That's super exciting!

Well, everyone, you are amazing! Have a great week. I love you!
--Your Favorite Elder, Ross