I love you tons. It was sooo good to talk
to you (and see your faces) on Tuesday! And don't worry, I didn't cry
afterwards. :) I was very happy and grateful for my wonderful family.
After we left Bishop's house, we went to the G family, who had
invited us for dinner. We watched the Joy to the World video while we
were waiting for the food to be done, which was never actually done...at
least not before we had to be back in our apartment. They ate pretty
late, but we had to be back in apartment at 9. Which actually was
probably a good thing, because I wasn't super hungry and was worried
about having to eat a bunch of food!
Christmas Day was definitely very different from past Christmases.
Though I still built my LEGO set in the morning, which was great fun.
Maybe my companion thinks I'm crazy. :P And then we didn't do much most
of the day. We didn't end up having a zone activity, so we just stayed
in our apartment until 5. We just kinda hung out, Hermana Mendoza made
some delicious pasta, we took naps. haha but then we got to work in the
evening. We visited a few people, investigators and members. A few even
gave us little Christmas presents. :) I didn't end up eating any tamales
though. Maybe next year!
Sounds like you had a super fun Christmas with the Hermanas!
So, you want to know more about my first day...not much to tell. We
flew into the San Diego airport, where we met President and Sister
Carreon. Then we drove to the border, waited for a super long time to
get passports/visas stamped and checked, then went to a stake center.
After we ate dinner, we were assigned our companions, and started to go
over important information, fill out forms, but then we had to leave
because our ride was there, and then we went to our area! I feel like I
don't know President Carreon super well, because we didn't have much
time that day, but I know we'll get to know him more with time, and I
know he cares about us and loves missionary work!
Oh, other important news: we had a baptism on Thursday! That was
wonderful! J is really great and super excited. Afterwards, he told
us that he felt really good. He wasn't sure if he was ready before, but
afterwards he felt good and knew it was the right thing. I am very
excited for him. I'll try to send pictures.
Well I love you all! I can't believe 2013 is coming to end, but I
am very excited to see what 2014 brings, the blessings and changes and
everything. Have a great week, and a happy new year!
Love,
Hermana Loveland