Saturday, December 28, 2013

I am in Mexico!!!! - Dec. 17, 2013

Dear famiila!!

I am in MEXICO. Crazy. Also I dont really know how to use this keyboard, so Im not going to use apostrophes. Hope thats okay!
Mom, Im glad you wrote, because even though I didnt think I would write today, here I am! My companion didnt write yesterday either so we are writing today. I dont have a ton of time, but I hope I can write enough. And theres a good chance there will be tons of spelling errors. Sorry! 
SO my area is Playas de Tijuana (Beaches of Tijuana) and my companion is Hermana Mendoza. She is from Veracruz. I will try to send pictures next week. She doesnt speak much English but she is learning. But we still speak in Spanish all the time. Im glad she is patient with me when I dont understand things. But I do understand quite a bit. Mostly I can carry on conversations, if I focus really hard, though not with as much of a vocabulary I want, but I trust that that will come with time, and I just need to be patient and do my best. Playas is also called "the corner of Mexico" because it is right next to the ocean and the border. We are super close to the US. 
Being a new country is kinda crazy. It was very hard to say goodbye to Sister Arnell and our district there. I love those people! I miss them a ton, but I know Ill see them again! ANd I love the mission here! I had my zone leader give me a priesthood blessing on Sunday night and Im very grateful for it. It gave me strength and confidence and helps me to trust in the Lord. Its definitely an adjustment being here, but I love it! I love the Spanish and the crazy drivers and the heat and everything! The weather here is perfect. The only thing that worries me is that this is DECEMBER. I cant imagine how hot it will be in the summer.
Oh! I am going to skype (possibly google hangout) on the 24th! My companion says it will probably be around 6, which will probably interrupt your Christmas Eve dinner...sorry. Im not sure if it can be a different time... I will also write on Monday, which is our p-day. 
I really do love it here. The culture is different, but I love it. Every once in a while I think "Oh my goodness Im in MEXICO." and its a little crazy but I keep focusing on the Lord and the work He has for me here. Currently my favorite scripture is Phillipians 4:13. Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece! Yo se que esto es verdadero y que esta es la iglesia de Jesucristo y he sido llamada por un profeta para predicarlo aqui en Tijuana. Estoy muy agradecida por esta oportunidad. Yo se que Dios nos ama y que el Libro de Mormon es Su palabra! Estoy muy feliz a ser misionera! 
I hope you all enjoyed that little bit of espanol! Its not great, but I love it and I am learning more and more each day. This is the Lords work and I know He is helping me every single day. Theres no other way I could do this.

I love you all! Thank you for your prayers and support. I pray for you as well. I hope you are having a joyful Christmas season and taking the time to remember our Savior at this wonderful time of year. 

Love,
Hermana Loveland