Sunday, November 14, 2010

Transferred to Sao Bernardo

Dear My Family and my other people friends, and especially my mother who turns 29 (Again) today!,

Happy Birthday Mom!

Well, one more crazy week! Thanks again for your great letters!

It has become increasingly hot in Brazil, and doesn't show sign of coolin down, but its all right, its all part of the gig.

So I got transfered! I kinda knew it was gonna happen because of interviews with Prez-Man a few weeks ago, but it still was kinda hard. But I feel good about it, I feel like I was needing it a bit. I left Santo André, and I'm heading to São Bernardo. Next door neighboor. Its also the same zone that I started out in. Which is pretty tight. Its been a long time since I've been here. But this zone is HUGE! Its one of the biggest in the mission, 2/3 bigger than santo André.

My new companion is Elder Muniz. He's a pretty cool kid. He's from somewhere in Brasil that I can't remember, and is in the process of "dying." I never really wanted to "kill" a missionary, but Im sure it'll be an adventure, and Ill hopefully get free stuff from him ;)

I'm gonna miss Elder Arêas. He was a lot of fun, showed me how to have more fun with the work, that the lessons don't need to be all serious and all. I feel a lot more like myself now. More sincere. Lil more crazy. We had a blast. But Ill see him next week in our 4-day training(!).

Yesterday, with Elder Arêas, I was knocking doors. It was my turn, and the door opened and I didn't see anybody. Then I looked down. And saw the shortest women I have ever seen. I did my very best, I wanted to teach her so bad! Elder Areas had to walk away, He was trying so hard not to laugh. Said it was one hilarious scene, as she came úp to my mid-thigh. Everyone here things I am ginormous! And next to her, it was too much for Elder Arêas.

I did get the pictures last week, and I liked them a ton! Thanks!

Sorry the letter was so short last week, it was just a crazy day, and we got to the lan house at 5:50! (p-day ends at 6)

Halloween doesnt exist here, just on TV. They all think its super crazy that the kids just knock on the door and you give em candy. And they´re right. But Its also awesome haha.

Alessandras baptism was awesome! Her and her family are so legit. I loved teaching them so uch! I feel so great about what the Lord did with her family.

I have really been focusing on faith and relying on the Lord. I realized how little faith I have, and how I dont rely on Him as I should. I am praying and doing my best to work on that. My interview with Prez-Man, we mainly just talked about that, relying on the Lord. I'm not really sure how to do it yet, but Im prayin I figure it out sooner or later. But I am making progress, and Im sure it'll come sooner or later.

I am glad you got the photos! Did you get any videos? Not sure if it worked to send them. [In the picture cd, Elder Jake sent a dozen random brain scans.] And the Brain Scans I thought would been an excellent birthday gift for W and others, being as it costs a ton to mail things that aren't flat. I looked for to weeks while walking to find a good x-ray to send home to you guys. I was quite pleased to find those.

I decorated my first christmas tree yesterday. It was super small (and fake-as real ones dont exist here haha) but it was fun. I am pretty excited to get to work here. Should be an awesome transfer! Thanks for it all! love you all! Have a super week!

Love, Jake