[Jake is zone leader in his new area.]
Hey Guys!
Well, another week has flown by! Lets see what I can do to sum up the week quickly.
Well the area. The area has a load of hills, and my lil toe is officially sticking out of the hole in my shoe! But the area is great! I love it! We live in between two giant ghettos, and next to a huge prison! (I'm sure you are greatful to hear that mom ;). But the area is actually really nice, one of the niciest areas I've lived in. Its ridiculous how many people in the ward speak English. I was shocked. I love English speakers, that really make me want to learn Portuguese better, not sure how that works, but its true. Maybe cause I realize my English is shot and maybe there is a chance I will leave the mish speaking one language correctly!
My companion is super legit. He is one of the most humble guys I've ever met, and has a great love for the work. We are super excited to see what we can do with the zone, we have made a lot of plans, mostly focusing on getiing people pumped! We have a pretty sweet training prepped for tomorrow's district meetings, and ... a fatty breakfast! By far the best part! Should be a blast.
I'm realizing I had lost a bit of the fire of missionary work before, and I am working to get back that excitement. It's starting to work :) I love being out here, I really do.
We had a baptism in the ward on Sunday, a woman I didn't reallly know that well, but I was really happy for her. She seemed so happy. This really is a great blessing to see these lives change.
Well, a lot has happened these weeks for you guys. I have been filled today with an overwhelming love for my family. Everyone! I love my family! It crazy how strong those feelings came to me in reading my letters today. My family rocks. I love my Grandparents, who have have and are setting such great examples of service, and faith in our Savior. I love my parents who have really showed me what is its to put it all in the Lord's hands and keep moving forward, and keep the optimism. I love my siblings, who have taught me so much about being a family, loving one another, and just being so happy with life! I really can express all the love I am feeling today for you all. I pray that you guys can feel it all the way over there is the good ol USA.
I gotta go, time ran out a long time ago. but thanks for everything! Keep smiling :)
Love, Jake