Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Rest of the Story - A Moldovan Blessing

In the previous letter, Elder Ross talked about a blessing he gave. Here is the rest of the story of the investigator told by a sister missionary via her mom. (He hasn't heard this story yet.)

Hi all.

I just read my email from my daughter this morning, and wanted to share with you a part of it. Just a little background on Luidmila, when she started coming to church she was very rough, had piercings all over her face, very biker hard core type, but when she felt the spirit she started removing her piercings, came to everything at church, stayed for all 3 hours on Sunday, began wearing a dress, total committment. Then she just dropped off the face of the earth, and Brianna was so sad because she knew the hard life Luidmila has, and also knew the difference the gospel was making in her life.

Here is what happened (from Brianna's email):
We had so many miracles this week, but one that I want to be sure to talk about is that Liudmila came back! I know crazy. She just showed up on Friday when we were waiting for Maria to finish with her interview.(Note: Maria was baptized that day) We were standing around talking to the other missionaries and she just walked in. After us not talking or hearing from her for 2 1/2 weeks it was almost like a ghost walking in the room. It seemed like an eternity to me even though it was only a few weeks. We found out that the reason why she hadn't come was because she had been in a major automobile accident and had been unconscious in the hospital for 2 weeks! Because she wasn't conscious and nobody knew to call us, we just thought thatshe had dropped us. She was like, "I am in the hospital still but I told the doctor I was going to leave for an hour so that I could see you." So, she's back! She still has some short term memory loss problems and one cracked rib and a broken one and is in alot of pain, hense still being in the hospital.

We asked her if she wanted a priesthood blessing and she agreed without hesitation. Because the elders in our district were all busy we pulled two other elders from our zone that were there for the Christmas Party, Elder L and Elder C to give her a blessing.

It was amazing you guys. These boys don't know anything about her, not about her problems, trials, life, and not much about her accident either,basically we just told them that she had been in a car accident and they gave her a blessing. The blessing that they gave her was so beautiful. I cannot even explain to you how personal it was. It talked about everything that she needed to hear.

That's why I know two things, #1 Those boys were worthy and #2 Heavenly Father works on the earth through the Priesthood power which is real and wonderful. The spirit was so strong.

Brianna will probably miss Luidmila's baptism, but I feel certain that she will be baptized, and Heavenly Father will bring amazing blessings into her life. Thanks to two moms for raising worthy young men who were in tune with the spirit and who gave that wonderful blessing to a young lady whose life it will change!