Hey All!
It's only been days since I wrote and nothing really exciting has happened. Well, maybe a couple things. We had a big branch activity on Saturday, Cinco de Mayo. Pretty sweet, huh? Celebrating the Mexican independance day in Romania on June 16th. But it went really good and we had a lot of people there. There was a TON of food and a pinata, which turned out to be indestructible. A lot of people hit that thing hard, including myself. Finally, at the end Elder Woodhouse just started going to town on without a blindfold and....the pinata broke the stick. So we pulled it down and ripped it open. Then I stood on the curb and launched all of the candy into the air. It was a fun activity.
Last night, Elder Garrett and I had a lesson with Gabriella and it went really well. She was asking about what it takes to be baptized and what the interview was and some other things. She said she is thinking about getting baptized in September. It's a ways off, but at least she thinking about it and each person needs their own time to be ready. I'm excited for her! And we talked about eternal families, because she is divorced and she doesn't think her sons will ever accept the Gospel. I think that's a personal specialty of mine, eternal families, so I talked a lot and taught her the doctrine on that. Like how if she does everything that she possibly can in this life, then she will find someone in the next life and have a family. Hopefully, she joins this Church and helps her sons, too, to accept the Gospel.
But on the bad side, this week was really hard for me. I'm just trying to hang in.Usually I have to study by myself for a little bit and try to come up with some things that would help that specific person. I thought my comp was going to start SYLing, but he absolutely refuses to and I won't respond to his English, but he keeps talking anyway and I get more and more frustrated. I just need to work on my patience and refining myself. I know all of your prayers are with me and that makes all the difference. I know it's helped me a lot. Just keep doing it.
Hahaha, I really liked the little announcement about J's Eagle Court of Honor. Quite fitting. Man, it's so cool to hear about Elder S! I'm sure he's tearing it up in D.C.! I'm sure he is a great missionary and he seems like the kinda guy that will do what's right no matter what. He will help lots of people I'm sure.
Yeah, we have a branch mission leader, but he is inactive and hasn't been to church for as long as I've been here. I think we do help branch leaders with training, but the District Leader does most of that.
I do like this new focus of working with members, but I know my comp and I are doing a poor job of it. Our numbers were super, super low this week. Like 6 or 7 lessons and I think 2 contacts. I don't even know what to say to that....we did have stuff going on, like service and the branch activity, but still, it's a joke.
Dad - Happy Father's Day again! Sounds like it was good for you. And like you're getting into golf. I've only played that one time with the priests but it was a blast. It's not nearly as boring as it looks! Thanks for the update on the Spurs! That's pretty cool. Well, you're the best Dad in the entire world. Thanks for all you've done for me(that's a lot!). I love you.
J - Dang, dude, sounds like you owned at football camp! Wow....my brother is a male dancer....that sounds wierd, lol. No, that is really cool. Sounds like you've done well as a thespian and most of all that you won't admit it in public. [J won two thespian awards at the high school awards banquet. One for "best male chorus" and the other for "best male dancer."] How'd your trimester go? Did you get decent grades? Well, have a good week, bro. love ya
L - Thanks for all your great emails and for really helping lift me up. Between you and my family, there's no way for me to feel down for long.
Hey, I sent a letter to you guys for P. I still don't have his address. Want to give it to me? lol. Well, everyone, I'm signing off now. Sorry if this email was kinda down. The mission is hard, but I still do feel like the luckiest man alive! I am soooo blessed! I hope everyone has a fantastic week and I love you all!
--Elder Ross