Hey everyone!!
I am doing great and the work here is exciting. It's been really sunny and beautiful here, it's nice. It's hard not to just love every day and to appreciate all the beautiful things that God has given us. Lately I have been filled with a deep gratitude for all the many, many things that I am blessed with. I really feel like the luckiest guy on the earth!
Not too many exciting things, I guess I should say things out of the ordinary, have happened so hopefully you get lots of information from my answers to your questions. [I asked several questions in my letter. Part of the letter is in direct response to my questions.] Bucharest is a very cool city, it's huge and there are tons of people. I liked it but it's dirtier and bleak I guess than Timisoara. I'm not sure how the people are in Bucharest but here in Timisoara a lot of the people are very warm and friendly. Of course, some still slam the door but many are open and we've had decent success in the blocs.
There are 6 missionaries here, 4 Elders and 2 sisters. The Elders are all sporting European fohawks today as part of blending in with the culture. I'll take some pictures and eventually I'll send them. There's one branch here and they are awesome. There are a decent amount of young people in the branch and even more that come to Outreach. The youth in this city seem way cool.
Our house...it's hard to explain, but it's really pretty small. Whenever I send a memory card, it'll have a video of my house. It's still not to clean...a lot of clutter that was there when we got there. No, lol, our dishes weren't beyond saving. Just took a little elbow grease. I haven't seen any cockroaches there yet, but I saw them when I was in Bucharest, staying the night in the sector 6 apartment. There's just myself and Elder Selck in the house. The other Elders' apartment is sweet! It's bigger...has two bathrooms! I'm jealous...We get around our area by taking the public transportation or walking. Bikes aren't used in this mission.
Yeah, I've had the bread since I've been here and it's good, but not amazing. I'm slightly disappointed because it was so hyped. The food is decent here. We have cereal for breakfast, usually sandwiches for lunch and then maybe eat some crackers or whatever other food we happen to have when we come in at 9. Sometimes we get lunch at a restaurant, though. There a lot of really cheap ones and we've been scoping some out. We found a pretty good waffle place that wasn't bad at all...about those lollipops...I still have them, I kind of forgot about them. There are a lot of beggars around, though, children included.
The language is coming, slowly, but it's coming. The hardest thing for me is understanding people, I can usually say more or less what I want but then when I have to listen I struggle more. Well, I just keep trying and I'm sure I'll get better. It's a fun thing, though, to be able to teach and talk to others in a different language and have them understand you.
I only get to check my email once a week. If you wanted to send regular mail, the pouch is the way to go. [Write me and I will send you the address.] It's slower but cheaper. well, everyone is waiting on me. I really wanted to write something to each of you individually but I guess I am too slow. Hopefully next time. I love you all! Have a great week!
Love,
Elder L