Saturday, February 17, 2007

Letter written Feb. 14

Dear Family

Happy Valentine's Day! It's been a very good Valentine's for me; I got 3 packages and a letter yesterday! A small package and a letter from E. and a package from each of the grandparents. Make sure to tell the grandparents thanks. I have never been in short supply of food and I'm pretty much the envy of everyone else. People always come to me because they know I'm the man with the hook-ups!

The MTC is going well and the language is coming along great. Elder B. and I are preparing to teach the next TRC lesson without any outline. This last time at the TRC was incredible. We taught about the Plan of Salvation and were still wrapping it up after 40 mins when time ran out. Fratele Norris said it looked too easy for us so halfway in, he sent in Fratele Orme to mix it up. It was fun! He said it looked like we had been out in the field for a couple months already. And everyone who watched us said we look extremely relaxed and comfortable teaching. It's great to feel the Spirit work through me.

I had a great experience teaching district meeting Sunday. Oh it was so cool! Elder R and I were asked to teach at the district meeting this morning. It lasts an hour and we were given the topic of Jesus Christ, only the biggest topic in the history of the church. So we decided to teach on how we can feel our Savior's love and draw closer to Him. We read through most of chapters 9-11 in 3 Nephi (highly recommend you read it) and discussed and analyzed it with the district. It was so sweet, we both bore really good testimonies and the Spirit was working through us and was felt by everyone. President Cochran (the branch president) stood up after and said, "Those were 19 year old men and they just gave an incredible lesson." Then in Sacrament Meeting, he talked about how he had heard this morning the best lesson he's ever listened to and how no one in the room could deny the Spirit. Oh! I'm so excited, the Lord is beginning to work through me and use me. It's exhilarating!

So my nightly workouts have started something big! I asked Elder G. to "coach" me, just to give a good workout with lots of different muscle builders. He knows a lot about exercise. Anyway, now, like 10-15 join in his workout. It's sweet and it's pretty intense. We call it "General G's House of Pain."

Oh, I've seen Dallin [one of his best friends as a preschooler] a few times here and talked to him. It was cool, he's way excited to serve. He actually left yesterday, I think. I've seen Josh a couple times, too but haven't been able to talk to him for very long. Oh, and I've seen Andrew (Mark's cousin) and talked to him a bunch. It's crazy how many people I know here, some from last semester, too.

Peter [his cousin] sent me a letter! It was great to hear from him. I'm sure you guys have heard more so I won't give you his news, which is like a month old.

It's really cool, we have a deaf Elder in our zone again so when we go to the temple, we get to see the subtitles. It's cool to read because a lot of times I get something new out of it that way. I'm going to miss that most of all, the temple, I mean when I go to Romania. And the breakfasts we eat in the temple cafeteria after session. It's the best food we eat all week.

On Sunday night, I've probably already told you this, we get to watch a movie. Last Sunday, it was the Testaments. I love that movie so much. It means even more because I've drawn so much closer to my Savior and felt so much more of His love since I've been here.

Tell Pietr or his family to tell him to write me. He will probably need my address. I haven't heard from him yet. Get that punk to write me.

Dad - Thanks for the update on conference! It sounds like it was awesome! The new English-speaking elders in my zone (some of them) are going to Portland. So maybe you'll see them.

Mom- How are you doing? Keeping the kids under control? Haha! It sounds like you are very busy but that is good. Thanks for your "I Knows" They are seriously a help and a strength.

J - It's great to hear you've been reading "Preach my Gospel."

S - Thanks for your letters. They are great! Thanks for the drawings too. They are very cool. Man, I was thinking about it and you will be so grown up when I get back. Just stay smiley and be friends with everyone.

I would love to hear about the youngest ones. Write and tell me what you are doing, okay? Love each other and help each other out. Be good and listen to Mom.

Well, it's about that time. Have an amazing week and I love you all!

Love, Elder Ross

PS I hope you like the pics. In case you forgot, I labeled myself on the back! [I will post these in a day or two.]