Saturday, June 12, 2010

Haven't slept in a lesson for a week!

Hey hey hey!

Its been another crazy week here in Praia Grande! With the teaching pools of the two previous areas, we are staying really busy. Really busy. We hardly have to plan at nights, because we are booked so far into the future. We do however, have extremely long and intense weekly planning sessions to get everything in! AHH! there is so much to do! But its good :) and this week has FLOWN by!

The drowsinesss off dengue I think has officailly left, I havent fallen a sleep in a lesson in about a week! haha so awesome. I'm quite proud of myself! And yes mom, I have been looking back to the blessing I got from President Lundgreen, and it has been a good strength.

That is interesting you have been thinking about how grateful you are that we didn't have an overabundance of money growing up. I too am way glad that is how I grew up! But this week, I have been really grateful for the abundance I grew up with. This week, I have had the pleasure of visiting some less active families who live in extremely humble homes. Homes where you pray before going in that it won't fall down while your in there, haha. These people dont know how lil they have, and that is so amazing to me. I often forget how much I have! They are so happy with what they have. These families are suffering from a lot of sickness, and from poverty, but they are okay with it. Its just part of life, so they make the best of it! Doesnt mean they couldnt use a lil cleaning haha we could use Dad and the kids to help clean up like they did at the Yeagers house! But I am so grat and proud of our home, it is so freakin huge! haha

We found this awesome couple yesterday, real young. They got married in october, just like ol Ross and Katie, I even talked to them about that a lil. They are really cool. We got a reference from a guy in the branch, which lead us to there house, but was definitely not the man.But it worked out super good. Anyways, she talked about not wanting to have kids in this world, its too scary of a place. "Oh, do we have a message for you."

They loved the message, and she said she loved reading, and had been looking for a new book! She said she would read it it by our next visist. The whole thing! Crazy! Well see :) But they both are really humble, and actually married. So fantastic haha keep ya updated.

We are actually teaching a lot of families right now, which is so cool. Families are where itis at! I love teaching families, and the gospel just works so well within the family!

Sunday we had a stake conference broadcast from Salt Lake City! I didnt realize these people spoke Portuguese! Elder Christopherson spoke really really well! (even though he learned spanish i think). But it was a great message. We took a bus there with the branch. I love how tight knit and friendly the branch is. They are a solid group of people for sure, just so happy to be members :)

With the World cup coming up, we have to be at home for the Brasil games. So we will leave earlier in the mornings to do work, then com back and study during the games. which will be hard. Its really cool, when the Santos ( the local pro team) score a goal, you can hear it through the whole city, it is so cool. Every house has people screaming! They are super united in this soccer thing. The world cup will be a hundred times crazier Im sure. If the US beats Brasil by some miracle, I will have to stay home for about a month i think haha or more

Mom-That is really sweet abut your new client. That guy sounds really interesting. I found you a client here who wanted his story written haha he thought that was the coolest job! I kinda think its cool too. And the new calling seems like its been going good? way to stay nice and busy! Thanks for the support and love and great letters! Loveya! Thats also super sweet about the missionaries! Tell Lynette congrats! and keep me UPDATED on the others!

S! You passed your driver's test! CONGRAULATIONS! thats so INSANELY RAD! Haha and nice work on the choir concert, Im sure it was super good as well!

J - way to be astud with the trumpet! I bet you are super good. also, get those grades up so you can play football! And stop falling in love, you are too young! Thanks for being such a good bro! You are a really cool kid, and I cant wait to hang out! HEY. Why dontyou WRITE ME PUNK!

A - sounds like you are an excellent lil business manager! That is really good! I would be more thatn happy to work for you :) Love ya

W - You are a really odd kid haha and quite funny, there is this kid im teaching who reminds me of you, he loves to sing and all, and its really weird. You guys should hang out.

Dad- Thanks for that great letter again! I really loved the BoM story, it made my day! Also, keep up the good work with the library stuff!Im glad to see that the states too starting using the yellow tunics, its been here in Brasil for awhile (from what I hear).They are CLASSY.

Well people, love you all! tchau tchau!

Elder Jake