Hey Everyone!
Well, this week was pretty crazy busy, but very worth it! We went to Chisinau twice, we went to Rezina twice, we had English classes and getting ready for transfers.....and a baptism!!! Alina got baptized yesterday and it all came together so quickly. The end of last week and the beginning of this week we were talking to her a lot about talking to her parents. She wasn't doing it. Then on Monday, Janyela was talking to her and decided she wanted to talk to Alina's mom, too. She talked to her and basically said the Church just wants to make people better and that Alina should be allowed to do what she feels is right. Alina's mom said....of course, why wouldn't I let her, it's her decision. When Elder Hale heard that he flipped out a little bit and threw his camera down and broke it. It was frustrating that all Alina had to do was to say, Mom I want to get baptized, and it would have been ok, but she wasn't doing it.
So Elder Hale came up with a plan(of course we both talked about it) that she was going to get baptized that week. We talked to her and told her we'd be up on Wednesday to talk about it and then on Friday we'd be up with Elder Rigdon and he'd do the interview. And that's exactly how it happened, she talked to both her parents and they accepted it. I also talked to her mom a little bit on the phone and she was really cool. President Carausenco did the baptism(her choice and a good one, I love it when the members are more involved), Tatiana and Janyela spoke and all three of the other girls were there, too, to support and encourage her. It was incredible!! Because we don't have a font in Orhei, we had sacrament meeting there and then we all took a maxitaxi up to Chisinau and had the baptism there, at about 2pm. It was super cool. I talked to the other girls from Rezina(Irina, Stela and Mariana) and they liked it a lot. I'm excited for all of them, because they are progressing really well. Next transfer will be great.
On Wednesday morning, before we went to Rezina, we met with Sveta, one of our favorite waitresses. We went to the church and there we gave her some pictures from Orhei Vechi and then I gave her a Book of Mormon that I had written my testimony in. After that, she said she wanted to have a lesson then and to learn more about the Church. Alright, that's our cue :) So we had a really cool lesson with her and she was really attentive. She even prayed at the end. It was sweet. Later in the week, we were talking with Liuda and we found out that Sveta has two kids!! That one threw me off guard. She does not look like it. I don't know too much about the situation. She's not married (btw, she's 23), she might have a boyfriend but he's not the father. I don't know, but I want to meet her whole family. She lives with her mom and a sister. Let's teach them all. : ) I really want to teach her about the family proclamation. Today is her day off, so we'll try tonight. Fingers crossed.
Saturday night we talked to the other favorite waitress of ours, Liuda, but we didn't have a full lesson like we did with Sveta. We gave her pictures and Elder Hale gave her a Book of Mormon that he had written his testimony in. She had gifts for us, too. We each got a big, framed picture of her! Haha, it made me laugh pretty hard. Then she gave Elder Hale a mug, because he often gets a tea at Dolce Vita. It just happened to have a picture of a couple kissing on it, lol. She is a good girl. I think we'll try to meet with her tomorrow, her day off.
Oh, I forgot to tell you. Transfers....well, super predictable, I am staying! Of course Elder Hale is out because his 90 days in the country run out soon. Same with Sora Jensen, and Elder Flanary, who is going home in two days. My companion for a couple of days is Elder Zemp. Tonight we'll go down to Orhei and then Wednesday morning we'll come back and we'll be in a threesome with Elder Anderson. Tuesday night we'll do English in Orhei, and Elder Anderson will be with a member doing the classes here in Chisinau. Thursday my new companion, whoever it is, will get here in Chisinau. It'll be a pretty crazy week, but then so is every week for the Orhei elders.
No, the sisters don't teach any of our girls. It would be way too hard for them to travel here all the time, especially because they have plenty of work in Chisinau. It's a good thing, too, because then I'd be left with no one. All of our investigators right now are girls, though we have a couple of potentials that are guys. I really enjoy teaching girls. I haven't really done it since Iasi, but they are more open a lot of times and I think just easier to teach. I guess I've always gotten along better with girls, though. Speaking of which, the sisters were doing life predictions and part of that includes how long it will take us to get our first kiss when we get back. For me, they said I will kiss a girl on Christmas!! Not bad, I say. Two days after I get home.
I don't know about travel plans. I just called the office, but Sora Nelson wasn't in and she usually knows about that. I will call her later today and make sure it is taken care of. Yeah, after this next transfer, for my last 4 weeks, I will be in Romania. That will be interesting. We'll see where I go and with who when I get there.
Well, I am really excited to have another great transfer here in Moldove and especially in Orhei. I have really fallen in love everyone here and I'm pretty sure it will be harder for me to leave Moldova than when I leave my mission 4 weeks later. Well, I should go. I love you all and hope you have an incredible week! You are in my prayers.
Elder Ross