Hey Everyone!
So this morning we got transfer calls and all that they told us was who was transferred and who was staying. All I know is that I'm transferred and I have no idea where I'm going. I was pretty disappointed about that, I liked it a lot more when we found out all at once. I'm not a big fan of the suspense game that transfer meeting is all about. So Wednesday I will find out; I guess you will just have to wait until next week.
This last week was a pretty good one. We had a lot of good lessons and we got 6 new investigators. Not all of them will be progressing investigators, though. I guess I won't really be able to give you the update on them, seeing as I won't be here.
I definitely am going to miss Cluj. It has a very special place in my heart(cliche, I know) and I'm going to miss the awesomeness of the branch. There are so many incredible members here. I got pictures with everyone so I can tell you all about each of them when I get back. This has been the best branch I've served in. If it has one flaw, it would be the branch president's strong inclination to false doctrine. During the 3rd hour, he taught us all about how God's main purpose is to create order out of chaos. One of the worst things that absolutely blew me away is that he doesn't believe in the premortal life!! Mihai said something about it and and President Condurachi paused for a second and said, "Possibly," and then moved on. It was hard to take. Mihai Iepure is a stallion and corrected the vast majority of it, but the Spirit was not in that meeting, you could feel its absence. It was sad....
We had one investigator at church, Ionut. He is doing really well. We had a lesson with him all about testimonies and he shared his conversion story with us. It was really cool and he has a way strong conviction and belief in the Church. The Militaru's weren't there and I'm not really sure where they were. I'll talk to them tonight to tell them that I'm transferred.
That young family, mother and daughter, dropped hard. I don't know how stuff like that happens. My companion called her on exchange and she said "not now" and hung up. I'm not sure if he just caught her at a bad time and she was saying she's not interested. We'll try again. She was super cool, but people get really weird sometimes. I guess it's just that Satan gets in somehow and freaks them out, through friends or false doctrine or something.
Before I forget, happy birthday W!!! Man, you are a BIG 8 years old. That is pretty crazy. I probably won't recognize you when I get home, you'll have grown so much. Thanks for a being an awesome buddy. I miss you and I can't wait to see you again and to hang out with you! I hope you have an incredible birthday and get everything you want. I love you, W.
Yeah, the Kiss' are really strong members. They are some of my favorites. Francisc is the 2nd counselor in the branch presidency and Monica is an RM(from France) and just super solid. They have a little boy, about 1 year old, named Razvan. He is super cute. We didn't do a whole lot with the street board. All of the pictures are done, they just need to do the words. I think Cosmin will help the others finish it up. There weren't quite as many members at church, about 50 this week. Still really good, though. I am super happy with how the branch is doing right now. Well, I can't think of a lot to write. I really just want to know what my future holds for me, but I have to wait a couple of days. You guys are all great. I love you!
--Elder Ross