Wow! So many things happened in this last week, lots of news about the ward, about you guys. Super busy week for everyone! Not too much for me, same ol' same ol'. This upcoming week is going to be very good, though! Friday we have zone conference up in Arad, which I'm sure will be amazing. Plus, I'll get my package from L then. Yay! And then, of course, this Sunday I get to call my very favorite family. Man, this week will be good!
English has been going pretty well, except for the female admirerers I have, lol. We have a couple pretty good classes on Saturdays, when we teach beginner. After classes we generally try to each grab someone and share the gospel with them. Last Saturday, I talked with Doru, a guy we'd already given a 1st lesson, too. I talked to him about the Book of Mormon and then gave him one. He didn't come to church yesterday, unfortunately but hopefully he reads and progresses and becomes a solid investigator.
Oh man, Sunday was brutal! Hahaha. We had to endure Romanian hospitality, lol. We broke our fast as a district at the sisters' apartment and of course I ate tons of food. That was about 3 to 4. Then, we went to Gabriella's(she's one of our top investigators, we're giving her a baptism date next lesson) and she had a HUGE meal prepared for us. I ate a lot...again, but I definitely didn't enjoy it as much. Lol, it was the first I could say that eating was almost a chore. Elder Garrett and I had prepared a little and lined our pockets with little plastic bags and so I slipped in a couple pieces of food when she wasn't looking. The food was very good, though and she gave us a bunch to take home. Then after that we headed to Sora Nedelcu. She is the coolest lady ever! She was the first member baptized in Timisoara, way back in '96. And yes, she fed us, too. Not as much as Gabriella which was good. Lol, Gabriella wouldn't stop telling us to eat more, more, more! Oh man, it was an interesting night. I don't think I've ever eaten so much in one day.
Saturday I had an exchange with Elder Middleton and we had 3 discussions while bloc-knocking. He pointed something out to me that was pretty cool. Two of the three lessons, I made the door approach and got us in. Lol, not because of my amazing language skills(that's a joke,lol) but because of my boboc power. I guess there's something special about us greenies. It really is something real, maybe because I'm still super reliant on the Lord, but it made me realize the same thing has happened with Elder Selck and now Elder Garrett. I've gotten us into more doors than they have. Well, as long as I have this "boboc" power, I'm going to use it!
After the exchange Elder Middleton and I were waiting in centru for the other two to meet up with us. While we were waiting, a lady from Utah came up to us. She is here with a group of Baptists doing humanitarian work or something. She said she was their "token mormon." She's a pretty funny lady. Anyway, she took our mothers' names and numbers and said she was going to call them when she got back from the trip. So, expect a call sometime. I think her name was Patricia Archibald, something like that. And then one of the Baptist girls knows Elder Stinson. I guess she went to high school with him. So I called him that night. It was really cool to talk to him. He's in Iasi and so I asked him if he knew who Katie P, was. [A good high school friend who is working in an eastern Romanian orphanage and hospital this summer.] He wasn't sure, but he said he thinks she was the one that kneed him in the groin. Hahaha, sounds like Katie to me!
Then last night I called Sora Davison who is also in Iasi because it was her birthday. I really love talking to people from my MTC district. They are all so cool! I love them. Anyway, she said Katie had a calling already! She teaches Sunday School for the youth. Sora Davison translated for her. Lol, she said Katie was talking me up a lot. It's really cool to hear that she is doing well. How weird would that be if I ended up going to Iasi?!
Well, family, you've been busy. It's so nice to know that death was only a step for Great Grandma and now I'm sure she is so happy. I'm sure her funeral was/will be? great and it will be good for Mom to see so much family. I'm sure you'll tell me all about it, Mom. Well, I can't wait to hear from J, too and get some Outdoor School stories. Sounds like S did super well with that camp fundraiser. Enough for all the girls this year and half of them for next year. That is impressive!
Wow, that is so insane about President Trone. That's was definitely a shock to read that. I'll be sure to pray for his family and those close to him. I'm sure that Lord had need of him and he is continuing his great influence on the other side. He was a great man.
Well, everyone have an amazing week. It'll probably be a lot calmer than last week! I love you all!
Elder Ross
P.S.
Have you sent some of my emails or told my MTC teachers about the blog? Have they said anything back in response?
P.S.S.
I don't have Pietr's address so I'm going to mail his letter to you guys and you can send it to him. Sound good? And did you give him my package address? I think he said something about sending me jerky. :)