Hey All!!
Easter has been pretty fun here...and pretty different. The whole week leading up to Easter was hard because most people are cleaning and preparing for Easter and it was hard to get discussions with people. Then Saturday we were told not to go bloc knocking because of Easter and so Elder Selck and I spent the morning making some brownies to take to some of our investigators. We put them in little bags and stapled a picture(old pass-along card) of resurrected Christ outside the tomb to it.
It was cool to take that to our investigators and share a quick spiritual thought. It was just a good way for us to show we care about them. After that we went back to our apartment and make a couple pies for the dinner we had last night. We made a pecan and a banana(actually we made two banana pies, but we kept one to ourselves:).
Then we went with the sisters to a couple of their lessons, one to a less-active and one to an investigator. It was cool to have so many testimonies there, probably intimidating, too! Sister Harrison(she's a greenie too) speaks super well, it was cool to listen to another boboc talk. After those we went back to our apartment and changed. Then we went to the church to hang out until midnight mass or whatever it's called. We listened to music and played ping pong, which I am absolutely pro at now.
The mass was pretty cool, there were thousands of people there, it was crazy. At midnight the church bells starting going off and the priest came out and starting lighting candles. The flame got passed back until everyone had it. The sisters didn't have any candles so I broke mine in half and ended up with the thin half, lol, and it burned out before we left. It was a fun thing to see, not too exciting but I got some very cool pictures.
Earlier last week, I went on an exchange with Elder Ryttersgaard, one of the zone leaders. He's from Denmark and he's a really cool guy and an awesome missionary. I learned a lot from him. We were at Arad for the exchange and we hung out a little bit with an old elder, Manning, who was back visiting. He's a way cool, plus he payed for our food. We went to this pizza place and I got a medium pizza and it was huge! So naturally I ate it all and then helped Elder Ryttersgaard finish his. Haha, I defintitely outate everyone else. Oh and a weird thing, you put ketchup on your pizza out here. They don't have sauces and so you put ketchup on. It's not too bad. I kinda liked it.
Real quick, whenever you send a package, I could use another journal(or two). The one I have will probably last me another transfer but not more than that and it can't hold a lot more paper so a new journal is better. I think I'd like a bound one this time, maybe bigger, lol, I write a lot. And my lint roller is getting low, I'll want another one probably. Oh, and if you can send me my mission prep notes, that would be great. Thank you!
Dad - Thanks always for your great letters. I especially appreciated your last one filled with gratitude. It's something I needed to hear because I am so incredibly blessed as well. Thanks! That is very cool about the church baketball game, I am definitely jealous and miss playing with you and with the other guys as well. I love you, Dad.
Mom - Thanks for being amazing! I love you. Haha, thanks for passing my message on to P. [His friend who has been attending BYI-I. The message was "Tell the punk to write me!"] I can't wait to hear from that punk. To answer your question, I don't really know what Easter Monday is, but stuff is closed today. We're not in the internet shop where we usually are because it's closed. It's way lame. Well, Mom, thanks again for everything you do.
J - Sounds like you are owning life, like usual. What events are you doing in track? That is way cool about your voice lessons. How is that going? Thanks for sharing that missionary moment you had with me. I'm proud of you. Have a great week, J! I love you.
S - Thanks for the email! Haha, I laughed when I read that you came back alive after taking the kids to the easter egg hunt. I miss those little rascals. No jelly beans, huh? They don't have them here in Romania. Sad, huh? Well, good luck with your movie project on our family. I want to hear more about it. I love you, S.
E - Happy Birthday!! Man, it was one year ago when you turned eight and I got to baptize you. Thanks for being my first baptism! That is way cool that you got a suit! Are you going to send me a picture of you wearing it? You better! Have a good week, E. I love you.
A - I heard you got a ton of candy for Easter! Are you going crazy with all the sugar? How is your book, "You are Priceless"? I think it describes you! I love you, A. Keep being a cute girl and don't forget to do your chores!
W - Buddy! How are you doing? Mom told me you got a book that was all about you and me. You have to read it to me when I get home, ok? Keep being a sexy 'lil beast, ok? lol, I love you little man.
Well, everyone, I'm glad you had a great Easter and I love you all!
--Elder Ross